Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your new FJ! Welcome from Texas! It looks like someone already swapped out the mirrors, bumper wings, and front valance. A lot of folks change the door handles and grille to the black version as well. It comes down to personal preference.
Love Texas plan on living there in the future! that is a good idea I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome from Oregon :)

Looking good! Miles? What other mods were done by the previous owner(s)? What type of off road driving do you plan on doing? I love back roads and scenery, driving slow. Not much into rocks though ;) (big rocks for looking at and taking pictures).
Thanks! 100k miles. Not many mods done just blacked out some of the cosmetic pieces. Just bought a muffler want her to be a bit louder. Just basic light off roading nothing crazy. Need it to last for a long time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Things I got the most out of early. 1.5" lift (went to 3" a couple years later) and better tires for gravel and crushed rock roads. A little larger tires help with the ground clearance too. Lift might require upper control arms (UCA). I put side steps like yours to help the better half get in. Probably the first thing I did.

I wish I had done the 3" lift the first time :) . Just remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Read a lot and ask questions, good people and info in here.
Thanks for the advice! Forgot to mention just bought new tires that are good for mudding and gravel and all that jazz. Definitely gonna lift it but probably won’t be for a couple years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Welcome!
I’ve gone through quite a few mod recommendations over the last several months and most of what I ended up doing were catching up on general maintinence (water pump, valve &timing cover seals, etc)

However; One of the most impactful upgrades I’ve found was an upgrade of the interior lights. I bought these:

They light up the cabin and I love it. Almost too bright but because I have window tint installed so the light is contained. Speaking of which…

I also had high end ceramic window tinting (about $200 for both front windows) installed and the difference in cabin temp was very noticeable. Heat on my arm from sunlight through the window was cut down by at least half. I don’t regret it.
Thank you for the suggestions! will look into that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts