Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Things I got the most out of early. 1.5" lift (went to 3" a couple years later) and better tires for gravel and crushed rock roads. A little larger tires help with the ground clearance too. Lift might require upper control arms (UCA). I put side steps like yours to help the better half get in. Probably the first thing I did.

I wish I had done the 3" lift the first time :) . Just remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Read a lot and ask questions, good people and info in here.
Thanks for the advice! Forgot to mention just bought new tires that are good for mudding and gravel and all that jazz. Definitely gonna lift it but probably won’t be for a couple years.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 6 MT, TRD catback, TRD CAI, RESZFAB 3H Bumper, TC UCA, OME 2.5" lift, BMC
92 Posts
Hello community! Glad I am finally apart of this forums. Just got my first car and first Fj. What would y’all recommend as a first good mod? View attachment 1203540
Hey man congratulations! There are so many mods :) buuuuut if you ask me maintenance, sun protection and deer protection are at the top of the list. Maybe rust protection if you're on the north side. Got to protect her!
Here's a link to the best and only wind shield shades https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BVW4QTB?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_4PGGSRNGFNMGVWFNMB8Y

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome!
I’ve gone through quite a few mod recommendations over the last several months and most of what I ended up doing were catching up on general maintinence (water pump, valve &timing cover seals, etc)

However; One of the most impactful upgrades I’ve found was an upgrade of the interior lights. I bought these:

They light up the cabin and I love it. Almost too bright but because I have window tint installed so the light is contained. Speaking of which…

I also had high end ceramic window tinting (about $200 for both front windows) installed and the difference in cabin temp was very noticeable. Heat on my arm from sunlight through the window was cut down by at least half. I don’t regret it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Welcome!
I’ve gone through quite a few mod recommendations over the last several months and most of what I ended up doing were catching up on general maintinence (water pump, valve &timing cover seals, etc)

However; One of the most impactful upgrades I’ve found was an upgrade of the interior lights. I bought these:

They light up the cabin and I love it. Almost too bright but because I have window tint installed so the light is contained. Speaking of which…

I also had high end ceramic window tinting (about $200 for both front windows) installed and the difference in cabin temp was very noticeable. Heat on my arm from sunlight through the window was cut down by at least half. I don’t regret it.
Thank you for the suggestions! will look into that!

·
Registered
2012 FJ 4X4 Automatic Convenience Package and Upgrade Package
148 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts