Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install tomorrow...

I highly recommend amaesing for your hood decal purchase.

INFIDEL all the way!

·
Banned
752 Posts
Sweet, glad you like it, remember to take your time on the install, have some shade and have a buddy to help out. Looking to see the final product!

-M

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts

just installed today on my TT
Looks to be a flawless install. Got any pics of your procedure or install tips for the guys? I wasnt able to get any I installed my decal by myself, it can be done but I couldnt document the install that way. Install is the only thing that holds some of the guys back from gettn' one.

Anyway looks AWESOME!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just ordered!

I'm hoping I can get this one on.

The one I ordered off ebay stretched out before I could even get it off the paper - Garbage!

·
Registered
200 Posts
i had a window tint guy install it in less than 10 minutes. he made it look very easy. soaked it with window spray & layed it on the hood. then he perfectly centered it & squeeged the small bubbles away

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Installed. Crappy iPhone pics in my garage, but you get the idea...

Tip: use soapy water...It makes positioning the decal much easier.

And...it's pretty difficult to line it up exact on a black FJ...Or maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be...It took me several tries

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey guys i am getting ready to install mine and have one question: how does the decal hold up when going thru a car wash? any problems??

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
hey guys i am getting ready to install mine and have one question: how does the decal hold up when going thru a car wash? any problems??
Its a nice quality vinyl sticker. Should hold up for a long time.

Just be careful when waxing the hood. You may want to use a toothpick/with a paper towel around the end to get any of the wax off near the edge of the vinyl.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Excuse my NOOBNESS but how much and where can I get this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, sorry for changing the subject slightly, but i have been trying to contact the manufacturer of these (a forum member?) for a while by email and have had no response. I live in the UAE and would like to ship some over here if possible. If any one could help me get in contact with the manufacturer, i would greatly appreciate it! :) Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
Hi, sorry for changing the subject slightly, but i have been trying to contact the manufacturer of these (a forum member?) for a while by email and have had no response. I live in the UAE and would like to ship some over here if possible. If any one could help me get in contact with the manufacturer, i would greatly appreciate it! :) Thanks
search the internet - amaesing fj decal. he has a web site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the reply bc indiana ..... i have seen the website and have sent an email quite a while ago, but have had no response for a few months now :S

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Ahhh those are really cool but I don't think I could do it... looking over a big patch of Black Cherry is one of my great joys. :lol:
Or, its the one spot left without any scratches and it makes you think the rest of the rig looks that shiny when you look at it haha

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
FYI: The supporting vendor application was never received by the forum. The 2nd account that was created to have communication has been perma banned.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts