Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a set of 18 X 9 Moto Metal 951B wheels from an Ebay Wheel Pros retailer. the cost was $650 (free shipping) plus $45 tax :(NC tax), but i get $162.50 cashback from Microsoft Live!!! so, my cost on these wheels ended up being $532.50 shipped to my door! I really wanted the get the American Racing ATX Predators, but they don't fit on the FJ. The Moto Metals are really sharp, but they are already on a ton of trucks and SUVs. Time to buy some pizza cutters for the stock TRD wheels and some Nitto TGs for the Motos!

this isn't the thread to mention it, but since i'm already typing, i'll go ahead and mention it. if you use Microsoft's Live search to find items on ebay, you can earn cashback from microsoft on eligible "buy it now" items. i bought the wheels and a pair of IPCW LED tail lights by doing this. there is a huge thread discussion on this at fatwallet with details about this cashback promo. you can read up on it here:

Cashback details

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Cool, any pics of the wheels??

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll try to snap a few at work tomorrow...they are still in the boxes. there are probably dozens of other forum members with this same wheel.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here are some pics of just the wheel. i still haven't bought the tires yet. looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers for these wheels and possibly some goodyear or super swamper "pizza cutters" for the factory TRD 16s.

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Nice wheels!

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
here are some pics of just the wheel. i still haven't bought the tires yet. looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers for these wheels and possibly some goodyear or super swamper "pizza cutters" for the factory TRD 16s.
Pics of those wheels on my rig with Super Swamper SSr's in my build-up below. I had the Terra Grapplers on stock wheels.

Super Swampers=great offroad performance, loud on pavement, lots of resistance which lowered my mpg greatly, poor rain and snow traction, questionable tread life.

Terra Grapplers=great all around all terrain, quiet, decent on mileage, good offroad performance, lots of tread life

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice looking wheels, almost like my wheels....but NOTTTTTT!!!!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those wheels looks cool, can't wait to see them mounted up on the FJ!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not to hijack my own thread, but does anyone know what wheel was on the FJ in the recent "Two Guys Garage " show? those wheels look sweet! all the wheel and tire choices are slowly getting me to understand how women feel about shoes and purses. if the wife can throw severel beans on leather, then i can throw some beans towards alloy, right? well, shoes and purses are easier to store.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
not to hijack my own thread, but does anyone know what wheel was on the FJ in the recent "Two Guys Garage " show? those wheels look sweet! all the wheel and tire choices are slowly getting me to understand how women feel about shoes and purses. if the wife can throw severel beans on leather, then i can throw some beans towards alloy, right? well, shoes and purses are easier to store.
:rofl:

My wife is a shoeaholic. Thank you for making it easier to get my next set of tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts