Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a shocker 228vx complete train horn system with a 150 psi vair compressor and 2 gallon air tank in the mail this morning...installed it right away, and the verdict....theyre a bit too loud LOL look me up on youtube
nelson4568 for some vids thatll be up tomorrow here are some pics
btw it takes like 20 minutes to upload one photo on here so im only doing 3 :flame:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
There's a bunch of funny video chit on utube concerning air horns... Be careful...you may get some one hurt...redneck scared a brother here on the southside and barely survived a bunch of lead!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a bunch of funny video chit on utube concerning air horns... Be careful...you may get some one hurt...redneck scared a brother here on the southside and barely survived a bunch of lead!
hahaha damn, yeah im not using them in towns, only on the highway cause theyre too loud, i have a truck horn thats electric only 125 db its a little louder than the stock horn but ill use that in towns and rural areas cause these things are ear shattering

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I mounted my Wolo Model 847 Siberian Express Black ABS Triple Trumpet Air Horn on the roof (ARB rack). I installed the Warn air compressor in the rear (driver side) and air tank underneath the FJ.

I used them New Year's eve, and they are super loud.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the whole thing cost $419.00 shipping was free but i did 3 day which was 25 i got it from hornblasters.com .............that looks sick up there on the roof rack, they were supposed to come in before the new year i would have had fun blasting them, but theyre just mounted in the engine bay with zipties, like my battery connector...which thanks again i went rite over to the hardware store and picked up a few nuts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ya, just installed some on my buddy's silverado, CRAZY LOUD! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I think Superiorhorns.com have better pricing. The Wolo air horns install is just one air line and + positive wires to the electric solenoid to drive all 3-trumpets.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
LMAO.. That will get some ones attention! :rofl:
But on a serious note.. its not heavily report on the news but those things have caused some accidents.. in town and on highway..
A buddy of mine got a set for his lifted F-350..(16 inch lift), Not sure what system, (I think actual locomotive horns!) but they were EXTREMELY loud .. anyways he hit the button in town once, Not knowing a cop was walking down the side walk near by.. Cop stopped him, after several people complained that were right there and a local merchant came out wanting to beat his a$$.. The cop arrested him for DIsturbing the Peace, impounded the truck, and comfiscated the horns!
Judge let him go, but coulda ended up worse...
Just be careful and remember anything over 96 DB's is dangerous to your ears and can get you in serious trouble in town or give some old guy a heart attack!:lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Superiorhorns.com have better pricing. The Wolo air horns install is just one air line and + positive wires to the electric solenoid to drive all 3-trumpets.
they defiantly have better pricing...i went with hornblasters cause the safety switch and compressor were mounted and wired already to the tank all i had to do was hook up the compressor and solenoid to the battery and stock horn, i love wolo products ive got a road warrior on the fj its an electric truck horn and its pretty loud im posting some vids from youtube in a second

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn, i didnt know you can get arrested for that hahaha i thought the worst was a ticket, i havent used them in town yet but probably wont cause id feel bad if i hurt someone, plus im the only person in a 15 mile radius with a voodo blue fj with trail teams blacked out parts, and wheels so the cops would find me quick LOL
:lol:
LMAO.. That will get some ones attention! :rofl:
But on a serious note.. its not heavily report on the news but those things have caused some accidents.. in town and on highway..
A buddy of mine got a set for his lifted F-350..(16 inch lift), Not sure what system, (I think actual locomotive horns!) but they were EXTREMELY loud .. anyways he hit the button in town once, Not knowing a cop was walking down the side walk near by.. Cop stopped him, after several people complained that were right there and a local merchant came out wanting to beat his a$$.. The cop arrested him for DIsturbing the Peace, impounded the truck, and comfiscated the horns!
Judge let him go, but coulda ended up worse...
Just be careful and remember anything over 96 DB's is dangerous to your ears and can get you in serious trouble in town or give some old guy a heart attack!:lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

this is the truck horn, it sounds wimpy compared to the train horn in the comparison, but outside you can tell how loud it is, so the train horns are INSANELY loud]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ywVGXLeuHg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
damn, i didnt know you can get arrested for that hahaha i thought the worst was a ticket, i havent used them in town yet but probably wont cause id feel bad if i hurt someone, plus im the only person in a 15 mile radius with a voodo blue fj with trail teams blacked out parts, and wheels so the cops would find me quick LOL
:lol:
most times its a noise ordance ticket... It hink because his was SO stinking loud and he had several very upset people right there, plus the cop propable had to change undies:rofl: thats why he got disturbing the peace...
I would have loved to see the cop when he hit that button!!:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I used to think those things were hillarious back in the day when hornblasters first started marketing them. Now I just find them obnoxious.

I'm only 35, but I feel like a grumpy old man when I hear someone blow those things in town. If someone blew them at me while riding my bumper or something I think we'd have to pull over and see who is the tougher man.

I think our town enacted some laws against train horns/loud stereo's etc a couple of years ago. I haven't heard any train horns in quite some time.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hahaha i actually have a video of a cop getting scared by one Train Air Horn. Really Funny ! - Car Videos on StreetFire

at the very end...im sure the guy got arrested lmao
most times its a noise ordance ticket... It hink because his was SO stinking loud and he had several very upset people right there, plus the cop propable had to change undies:rofl: thats why he got disturbing the peace...
I would have loved to see the cop when he hit that button!!:rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts