Tan FJ with alloy wheels
convience pkg
off road pkg
insturment cluster on the dash
manual trans
no roof rack
MSRP $27,368
NET SALES PRICE $25,459
I never asked about price they just printed out a page with this offer.
Will they do better ? the base price $23,700 or about that.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I would try to get them to come down a bit more. If its a 4wd, :bigthumb:, if its not, :blowingup:. You make the call! :lol:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You can definitely do better than that. Use KansasLawDog 's pricing calculator and see what the invoice comes out to be. You should be able to do invoice at minimum. Also, don't forget about incentives. Is this a 4X4?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get an online quote from a dealer , you should do better there and show it or atl east tell them you have a better quote. that's what I did. Ask the present dealer to see the sticker. Mine sticker at 30k I paid 27K Black Diamond AT I got everyhting but the ridiculous boom box stereo and cheap skid/sliders.Once you get it do youself and your FJ a favor,go to budbuilt.com and get yourself the full set of skids and the HD rock sliders.This is real protection for your investment. Tell Bud Gerry sent you!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I got 4K off MSRP in January when gas prices were a good bit lower. I think you can do better. Look at the dealer's website for deals. That's what I did. I went in and they were acting like it would be MSRP, then I told them about the deal on their website. The internet sales guy didn't believe me and looked shocked when he looked it up. It was the same deal they were running on the 2007 leftovers.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Can you get an Offroad package in 4x2?

What is the world coming to?

:rofl:
You can't get a manual trans in 4x2, so it's 4x4. Price seems high, I wouldn't go more then 24.5k. No tow package or roof rack, that would be a rarity here in CO.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
What an ad... is it new and is it a 2007 or the early 2005 model. :lol:
LOL...yea, you have to be careful with car dealer ads for sure! The fine print does indicate it's new.

I'll admit that at least once in my life I actually found a vehicle that was in a car dealer's ad as a "loss leader" and bought it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sneek,
I just bought my FJ brand new about a month ago. I got the same as you only different color: silver, convenience, off road, in manual transmission and mine had carpeted floor mats . I paid $23,368 I paid below the invoice price. I only paid like 300 over the invoice of vehicle alone, so I ended up not paying for holdback, destination and and most of that other stuff they include in invoice price.

I then paid for roof rack, would rather have the gobi rack but that is a long story.

I got mine through carmax. Some of them have actual dealerships attached to them and sell new cars. Check out the website and enter you zip code to look in your area. With them the price you see is what you get, no haggle. Be careful though they can still be shifty. Where I live most people want automatics, so that may be why I got a good deal, but they also had the same fj with autiomatic for 24 something. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sneek, I take that back it may have been $23,668, can't remember. Either way, you may have some haggling room.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im a sales Mrg at a Toyota store. Ask to see the Factory Invoice. Take about 400.00 to 600.00 of the Invoice price that should be about half of the hold back money. You should be able to get that deal all day long. Good Luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sneek,
I just bought my FJ brand new about a month ago. I got the same as you only different color: silver, convenience, off road, in manual transmission and mine had carpeted floor mats . I paid $23,368 I paid below the invoice price. I only paid like 300 over the invoice of vehicle alone, so I ended up not paying for holdback, destination and and most of that other stuff they include in invoice price.

I then paid for roof rack, would rather have the gobi rack but that is a long story.

I got mine through carmax. Some of them have actual dealerships attached to them and sell new cars. Check out the website and enter you zip code to look in your area. With them the price you see is what you get, no haggle. Be careful though they can still be shifty. Where I live most people want automatics, so that may be why I got a good deal, but they also had the same fj with autiomatic for 24 something. Good luck with your purchase.
RIght...I've been looking around for a good deal here in Chicago and Carmax pricing is almost impossible to beat..

·
Registered
334 Posts
That lease residual linked above for the FJ seems like it may be a tad low. It does not say what it is based on exactly, I have seen others at a little over $11,000 for a 5 year lease at 60K miles, but they were for ones with the convenience pkg and off road pacakages............

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.