Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well waiting for the paint to dry on my bumper and grill tonight I took some electrical tape and did this to my wheel to see how it would look like if I painted it like that. I think it looks kind of cool. What do you guys think? should I do it?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Re: just messing around

I'd have to be honest and say I think I like the 'originality'........... more importantly, if you like the look, then do it, who cares about others's opinions?

Jerry :cheers:

·
Registered
99 Posts

Go for it!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

I like it, its a reverse of what most people do! I am a fan of completely blacked out wheels or blacked wheels and a silver lip, but that is very interesting, I like!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I want to get some black rims in the future. I just bought the toytec ultimate lift so I need to save up some more cash, but till then I though this might be fun to do.

·
Registered
113 Posts

looks great!!

·
Registered
191 Posts

Hiz...

For Black Rims, check out Black Rock Wheels. They're a US company and W-A-Y cheaper than anything else I've found.

Best,

Troy

·
Registered
33 Posts

Go for it! Looks good. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
279 Posts

That's the way I have my wheels painted, had them like that for about a year, still love the look.

·
Registered
961 Posts

That looks pretty good!.
I painted mine the exact inverse, and they look great.
Check out the Duplicolor wheel paints if you get serious. They make black and a nice dark metalic grey.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Well I got around to painting the wheels yesterday and they turned out pretty good, I like the look. I hope they last and don't flake or chip to badly.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts

Well I got around to painting the wheels yesterday and they turned out pretty good, I like the look. I hope they last and don't flake or chip to badly.

Looks good. I like the tape too but the paint will probably last longer. :)
I'd like to know how the paint holds up or if powder coating would be an option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts