Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 FJ AT, 2.5 Daystar leveling lift kit. Ran stock Dunlops for awhile and just installed the KM2 255/80R17's. Not only do they fit PERFECT but they look and perform awesome! Extremely happy with the fit and performance. No rubbing. Tracks perfect. Slight hum @ 30-40mph but minimal, @ 65-75 NICE! It's a daily driver. Here's a couple pictures minus the spare, I had to wait a couple days for the spare to come in. If you are trying to figure out a what tire, my opinion, KM2's mounted on stock wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I applaud your choice, sir. I'm running 225/75-17 KM1's but if the budget allowed I'd be buying the 80 series. Prevailing favorites here are the various 285/70 and 285/75 sizes but for my money pizza cutters rule.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
2013 FJ AT, 2.5 Daystar leveling lift kit. Ran stock Dunlops for awhile and just installed the KM2 255/80R17's. Not only do they fit PERFECT but they look and perform awesome! Extremely happy with the fit and performance. No rubbing. Tracks perfect. Slight hum @ 30-40mph but minimal, @ 65-75 NICE! It's a daily driver. Here's a couple pictures minus the spare, I had to wait a couple days for the spare to come in. If you are trying to figure out a what tire, my opinion, KM2's mounted on stock wheels.
Would very much like to see some nice, clear photos of the 255/80's.

Plenty of threads here giving instructions on how to add photos to your posts; SEARCH box is your tool.

·
Registered
127 Posts
pics or it didn't happen :cheers:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Been eying those for about a year. I'm still not sure of the advantages though.

I assumed they would be lighter weight, get better mileage, maybe easier to steer and be good in snow and mud, but posts I've read here don't seem to confirm that.

I'll still probably get them but can anyone confirm or deny any of the above?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I like those wheels for some reason, just wish they were 16", I prefer taller sidewalls for airing down off-road. I have the 5-spoke 16" alloys, looking to get 255/85R16s.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice tire size and choice. I just acquired a set of Cooper S/T Maxx tires in 255/80/17 that will be mounted onto 2015 TRD Pro matte black wheels. I'm looking forward to the performance improvement for the overland travel stuff that I do-- and the prospect of getting high miles out of them is going to be a great plus.

I'm curious-- what is the actual height measurement of your tires when mounted, inflated, and installed on the FJ?

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,912 Posts
I like those wheels for some reason, just wish they were 16", I prefer taller sidewalls for airing down off-road. I have the 5-spoke 16" alloys, looking to get 255/85R16s.
Best rims!. They will fit the pizza cutters even BETTER since they are just 7" wide. Dooooooit

i kind of regret not going that route with KM2s...but I just really wanted an AT (and the Coopers suck)

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,912 Posts
Which coopers suck? I have the AT3s and love them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think they are the STs? I mean they probably are fine as a tire...I meant in pizza cutter size. They are the only currently offered AT pizza cutter I believe. They are just barely over 32" tall so not really worth it which is why I said that. The KM2s are a good bit taller in comparison

EDIT- And I just see I posted that AFTER they were mentioned. Wasnt trying to be a dlck as I didnt see they were mentioned at all in this thread :-/

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I think they are the STs? I mean they probably are fine as a tire...I meant in pizza cutter size. They are the only currently offered AT pizza cutter I believe. They are just barely over 32" tall so not really worth it which is why I said that.

Oh, okay. I didn't like the look of pizza cutters before, but I am starting to. I just got new tires for Christmas, so it'll be a while before I have to make that decision.

Cheers,
Matt

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice tire size and choice. I just acquired a set of Cooper S/T Maxx tires in 255/80/17 that will be mounted onto 2015 TRD Pro matte black wheels. I'm looking forward to the performance improvement for the overland travel stuff that I do-- and the prospect of getting high miles out of them is going to be a great plus.

I'm curious-- what is the actual height measurement of your tires when mounted, inflated, and installed on the FJ?
Well, the tire dimensions from BFG are 33.3 x 10. I did not measure after mounting to confirm. I do know I am very happy with the fit. These tires work great with the stock wheel. They do not rub, period. No body mount chop needed. They do not remotely stick out past the fenders nor do they truly look like "pizza cutters". My personal opinion is they truly enhance the look and function of the FJ without over shooting the practically of a daily driver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts