Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what happens when I am sitting around on a sunday looking on this forum! (it's addictive) I found a thread about the thermostat/MPG issue and I have been seeing how far a tank will go, so far I have about 165 miles driven and am at 1/4 of a tank left, so I am wondering if I am having the thermostat issue, so I figure I should go ahead and order an ultra gauge and see what's going on in there that the gauges will not tell me. Hopefully this thing will be exactly what I am looking for. Also soon to be done is:

Replace drivers door seal (leaked a little last night in the rain)
Replace thermostat (if needed)
Touch up all paint chips
Get small dents fixed (hopefully paintless dent repair)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Love my ultragauge, and they definetely help keep an eye on MPGs, it seems I've gained 1 to 2 mpgs just being aware. I've been tempted to order one for my echo just so I can see if I get the same effect, even though it already gets incredible gas mileage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Great place to mount it is on the left side of the steering wheel, go to Home Depot / Lowe's and find a small suction cup that will fit/glue to the mounting bracket on the Ultragauge. Then you can run the cable down the door jamb, under the steering wheel and straight to the OBD2 port.

Big fan of mine, but I turned all the MPG stuff off, I just use it to watch intake temp, engine temp, battery voltage etc.

·
Premium Member
16,373 Posts
Love my Ultragauge! :wave:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I get it mounted, i like that suction cup idea too!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts