Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a couple questions . i am new to ifs trucks (always had older yota w/ solid axles) . my main goal is to go a full 6" lift later but for now i am going w/ the 3" . my question is how important is it to have my sway bar in my fj ? i have always taken them out of all my past trucks . also if there are any other mods i should do for better offroad capabilities (looking for mostly free mods) . thought i read somewhere about a VSC mod , a trac mod , dlr mod , locker mod and something about body mounts ? sorry about all these questions like i said i am new to the ifs seen and dont want to do something i will regret to my expensive toy . thanks .

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have had a few friends tyake the swaybar off and didn't have too much effect on the streets, but I wouldn't advise you to take it off if you use it as a DD.

There is a a-trac and locker hack, but you only have to do that for earlier 07 models, the later 07 models and the 08 models are fine.

Also if you plan on getting bigger tires, tires larger that 33", then you will need a body mount chop in order to make room for the tires so they don't rub!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
x2, I have seen the CV's give up at full droop and sharp angles.
X3 get those straps if you remove your sway bar.

I have the RC 3 " my self and I love it.

just got the 33's installed this weekend and when I got an extreme angle I in a tight turn I finally got some rub on the body mount:bigthumb:

Now I need to do the chop.. :clap:

They say you really need to do this when you get 35's but what the hay might as well get it done now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts