Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best to install these? if i put a light bar on the front will i really have sag issues??? do i need an alignment right away??

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
most toyota dealers that aren't idiots can do it. that and they're more knowledgeable about alignment.

or an off road shop.

it's pretty straightforward.

you won't get sag with a light bar, and it'll even handle a lightweight bumper without too much sag.

you won't need an alignment if it didn't pull before, but i got one because it was a year and over 20,000 miles since my last one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
i just ordered them from toytec but on their site there is no account tracking. do they just email you or does it just show up at the door? assuming you used them to get yours. good i hope it dosnt cost to much.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
toytec doesn't have tracking, but if you give them a call on a weekday they'll tell you what's going on with your order.

·
Registered
190 Posts
if you call toytec to place an order then there is the option of getting tracking for the order...i placed my order over the phone and got tracking...

placed my order on monday and it arrived on thurs...great shipping time considering i live in socal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks i guess ill just wait. everyone has nothing but good things to say about hem so im sure i will get it next week. if i decided to go with the 3" lift could i reuse the 883's and just buy the rest of the parts or does it not work that way>???

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
if i decided to go with the 3" lift could i reuse the 883's and just buy the rest of the parts or does it not work that way>???

Does not work that way; longer springs = more lift. You will need different (longer) coils to get more lift in the front.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
arnt the 883 oonger to level the vehicle?? or do you mean 3" past level i would need even longer springs?? i think i get it. ok just wondering. hey were did you get your bumper from. that thing is perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
arnt the 883 oonger to level the vehicle??
Yes, or at least close to it.

or do you mean 3" past level i would need even longer springs??
Yeah, the 883's will give you around 1-1/2" of lift over stock in the front. If you decide later you want 3" of lift over stock you'll have to get longer coils than the 883's.

hey were did you get your bumper from. that thing is perfect.
Demello Offroad, a sponsoring vendor here on the forum.
Demello Offroad

·
Registered
102 Posts
most toyota dealers that aren't idiots can do it. that and they're more knowledgeable about alignment.

or an off road shop.

it's pretty straightforward.

you won't get sag with a light bar, and it'll even handle a lightweight bumper without too much sag.

you won't need an alignment if it didn't pull before, but i got one because it was a year and over 20,000 miles since my last one.
I thought dealer shops would not install anything that might/will void the warranty or alter the vehicle. The 883's clearly modify the FJ.

This is good to know because dealers have more at stake in terms of customer service if something is not installed correctly.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks 1911 for the info i get it now. man i should have taken some kind of auto shop in HS hah. where did you get that bumper from and what brand is it??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts