Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what would cause this.. i saw someone else with the same issue but i cant find the post. i just swapped the bulbs... dont know how that could affect anything

·
Registered
215 Posts
anyone know what would cause this.. i saw someone else with the same issue but i cant find the post. i just swapped the bulbs... dont know how that could affect anything
Blown fuse?

I would say that perhaps you somehow accidentally disconnected the DRL connection - but that think is a pain in the butt to disconnect (with one hand) and it's in an awkward spot.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have the PIAA lights. DLR still work, no problem. Took me all of 5 min. to swap the 2 out.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
5mins thats slow i had em in faster than that

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
I think I saw a thread somewhere on here that says the PIAA headlights do not work as DRLs.
Makes no sense. How the heck could your car tell what bulbs you have in? The ONLY bulbs that wouldn't work with DRL would be HID Halogens, why? Because you have to do a whole conversion kit which renders the DRL feature useless. When I put mine in I had my parking brake on and noticed that the DRL's weren't coming on... I tried to disconnect the DRL thing and plug it back in (couldn't get the damn thing off) and was getting pissed then I suddenly remember, hand brake! lol

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
x2 from acetechno, took about 5 minutes, DRL still work as dimmed low beams.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is the thread on how to turn the DRL's office. The first method mentioned with pics works great- no side effects.

One hint that helped me- before you try to disconnect it, slide the connector to the right so it slides off the little bracket. Then you can turn it and lift it a little so you can get to it easier and actually see the tab you have to press to get it to disconnect. (you can slide the one half back on when you are done) Made it real easy.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/1469-turn-drls-off.html

·
Registered
173 Posts
DRL's are gas robbing and make motorcycles blend in. First thing i did was disable mine. I love being able to only have my parking lights on too, looks sick!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
5mins thats slow i had em in faster than that
Haha! 5 Min. from the time I walked outside to pop the hood and unbox the lights, swap them, get cleaned up, close hood, test lo and hi beems, walk to trash toss old box away, drink swig of pepsi and then go back in the house. You know the saying 90% of the work is preperation, 10% is doing the work.:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I disconnected mine on purpose
Its not like you really your DRL anyways..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts