Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I just recieved my 2007-2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser ColorMorph Halo Headlight Kit by LED Concepts color changing Halos! I know most people on the forum will believe that this is a waste of money and "ruins" the dignity of the FJ. I am not looking for negative opinions on these! I don't car for haters :) I personally think these are cool and will definitely impress people. I have a quick question for the install.. What is the best way to open the headlights ( other than oven) and is it difficult? Also for all you other halo FJz out there how long did it take you?
Thank you
Nm

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,925 Posts
<--- hater.

but..

You are most certainly going to need to bake them...like 225 degrees for 10-15 mins. or until the chocolate chips are shmelty and gooey.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
It doesn't come with instructions?

I assume you're doing LED headlight bulbs as well? Please post a link to all the bits you bought and I can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Put halo's on mine recently. Oven is the only way. I set the oven @ 300 and put them in for 10 min. came right apart. Do your best not to get the glue on the lens. I got a tiny bit on one of mine. Was afraid to use any type of solvent. So I used rubbing compound, and that took it off.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have what looks to be the same ones. Whole install took me about 1.5 hours. I have mine running as amber for over a year and so far nothing but compliments! Hard to show it in a picture

Attachments

Reactions: FJ Cruiser Matt

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have what looks to be the same ones. Whole install took me about 1.5 hours. I have mine running as amber for over a year and so far nothing but compliments! Hard to show it in a picture
Looks great! Are these the color changing ones but you keep it on Amber? Also once you got the LEDs put together how hard was wiring it back up? Any tips?
Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks great! Are these the color changing ones but you keep it on Amber? Also once you got the LEDs put together how hard was wiring it back up? Any tips?
Thanks!
Theyre really easy to wire up. And yes they can color change but i leave them amber mostly

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't wait to see how it turns out, post pics ASAP!! I thought about buying and installing some colorshift halos because I love the look (regardless of the fact that everyone around here already has them) but I was worried about having to bake my headlights and ultimately decided that my limited money was better spent elsewhere on the truck

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
I assume these are just bling and can't actually emit enough light to be used as a replacement for your headlights, is that right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm most likely going to a professional for that reason. I don't want moisture in my headlights, and I'm sure they don't give off enough light to be replaced. That's why there is a remote that controls everything! I can't wait to have these installed, just got to find the right shop!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I assume these are just bling and can't actually emit enough light to be used as a replacement for your headlights, is that right?
They emit enough light for people to see you, but theyre not directed so they dont project light for you to see forward. Theyre great daytime running lights

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I just subscribed. I love the look of halos on most vehicles, especially the FJ..but even better, your FJ will be even better off road once you install them( looking better is better lol ). Add me to the list of requests for more details and pics. I hoping to do a bi-xenon retrofit next summer, with halos therefore, the more tips I can pick up along the way, the better. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts