Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting on the Blue Sea fuse block to show up in the mail, so I went ahead and finished the "under the hood" work today.

2 40 amp breakers and 2 40 amp Bosch relays on the plate:

Installed and connected with the wires routed and waiting on the fuse block to arrive:

The wiring is #8 gauge. I also added a grounding jumper to the plate. Not really necessary but I my work habits say it gest bonded. :lol:

I did fab up the under dash plate with the exception of drilling up for the fuse block obviously. I'll add more pics as I progress with the installation.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've installed two of the 6 fuse Blue Sea fuse blocks already, one under the dash, the other under the hood. I have a third that I may install in the rear of the FJ. I love the Blue Sea products ( I have a stout battery switch going to my winch too) and love having circuits just waiting for me to hook something to.
I'm pretty excited about getting this done. My light bar should be here next week along with the rest of the parts to complete my radio installations so I am ready to get it all done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I added relays for roof and fog lights. The bracket is mounted on the passenger side and has room for two more of the Hella waterproof relays.

IMGP0571.JPG

I also added a Blue Sea waterproof fuse block right next to the battery. It is atached to an aluminum plate which is bolted into existing holes on the fender well.

IMGP0574-1.JPG

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
You're off to an excellent start and the attention to detail shows. Keep working ahead with that mindset and you're going to have an excellent setup when you're done. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts