Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one to boast, but I am excited about my new hobby. I had the car stock w/convenience Pkg, Tow and Rack. So far I added MTRS 275/70R17 and Bilstein 5100 adjustable front on 1.73 notch ( thanks to advice from this forum) w/ accompanying rears. I wish I did not wait so long, what a difference. I also adedd 96 led Dome lights and got a Tuffy center lockin box. Thinking about adding tuned high Placemant, SS dual exhaust and Cold air intake and snorkel any product suggestions welcomed.
Also Smity rails with foot step (Advice? SS or Black) and Matching front and rear Bumpers with intergrated winch and Fog lights, suggestions plesse. Is Smity the best? Are there better packages. I don't want add to much weight are there other alternatives All advice is requested and welcome. Glad to be here. I will advise others as I become more educated. Thanks from Long Island.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,885 Posts
Good mods already, I'd go PRG all the way if you want a snorkel. Personally, I'd stay away from Smittybilt brand. If you plan on wheeling (sounds like you are) you need to know there is a huge difference between step rails and actual rock sliders. If you want the true step though, there's not too many slider options. Have any other questions let us know.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Looks good.

Reactions: Portside

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Floppy d I will check it out

2008 Tan FJ with Convenience Package, Subwoofer and Tow.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the crew

·
Premium Member
16,618 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! I agree about the rock sliders over rails with steps. But that is because I plan to off road mine and want the protection. The kickout is a bonus protection in parking lots against door dings. Getting matching bumpers is possible. You can check out All Pro and Domello. They have great products. If you want lighter equipment, you can get bumpers in Aluminum, but they are more expensive. So it's a trade off. I look at others build threads for ideas. There are lots on here, and people usually post pics. That is a great way preview things, and see if you like or don't like an idea.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,908 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts