Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as the Speed problem, my understanding is that it displays the speed limit on some roads (just interstates so far for me), but not the actual speed of the vehicle. I looked all through the manual to see if I could find if the actual speed could be displayed but could not find it anywhere. Maybe I'm missing something. It would be nice if it showed the actual vehicle speed, and I thought it did too when I bought it.

I can't help with the bluetooth thing since I don't have that option.

Lucky you are, I have none of the road speed limit icon or the warning. As far the car speed itself, it can be seen under "vehicle info", not a big deal since we still have our car tach! My biggest complain is the navigation doesn't show the exit you have to take on the screen. It is spelled but when on the phone, the sound is muted and you can miss it. That happens to me twice. I think JVC as drop the ball on few basic.

As a comparison, my old INAV running on a pocket PC as both (speed warning and exits #)

Are you in US or Canada, that may explain our difference?

Charles

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Lucky you are, I have none of the road speed limit icon or the warning. As far the car speed itself, it can be seen under "vehicle info", not a big deal since we still have our car tach! My biggest complain is the navigation doesn't show the exit you have to take on the screen. It is spelled but when on the phone, the sound is muted and you can miss it. That happens to me twice. I think JVC as drop the ball on few basic.

As a comparison, my old INAV running on a pocket PC as both (speed warning and exits #)

Are you in US or Canada, that may explain our difference?

Charles
I looked at the "Vehicle Info" page, and it's useful to a point, but not convenient when driving. But I didn't know it showed the actual speed when moving. It just seems that this would be a common feature with any nav unit.

One of the reasons I didn't get the blue tooth was how it lost sync with either an Ipod or usb device or sd card when connected to blue tooth. After hanging up, then it had to re-read the info from the device. Depending on the amount of music, it could take 30 seconds or more.

And as long as we're being honest, my only complaint is that there should be presets on the main screen when not in navigation. Maybe like 6 buttons across the bottom when listening to fm or sat. Not a major deal, but it would be more like a regular interface.

Don't get me wrong. I really like this unit. I have no regrets.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts