Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all Here's the response i got from Borla when i asked which Air Intake they recommend to go with their exhaust (duals):
Shane:

Thank you for your interest in Borla products. The system with the green air filter you are referring to is one that is sold through Toyota dealers in the southeast. We do not sell the air filter in our aftermarket division. As far as a cold air intake system, the K & N system seems to work the best.

Cordially,

Greg L. Weiss

Customer Service Manager
Account Manager
Borla Performance Industries
[email protected]
AIM:gregwatborla

Does anyone have one? Recommended?
(and yes, i searched)

:rawr:

·
Registered
734 Posts
i don't have the setup but sounds good to me. borla is a trusty brand and they make reliable exhaust systems for both domestics and imports alike. only downfall is that they usually have too many pipings which is slightly more prone for leaks. not sure how many pieces the FJ one comes with I wouldn't worry about it, though. K&N makes great filter for trucks and suvs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i also don`t have the setup, but i have the K&N on mine, since last July been offroad with it it runs great no problems with the K&N CAI. Regarding the setup of Exhaust systems and a CAI, i have on my 07 Chevy2500HD Truck Corsa Exhaust system and K&N as far as trouble none to report. K&N is a trusted Manufacture they work with most Trucks and SUV. the setup Borla and K&N is Great.

NOTE: this is my own opinion. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
the borla kit i purchased from sparks toyota......was a tuned setup.....it included the high flow air filter as well as the tuned muffler....it was all tested by trd division of toyota....approved for the fj by trd........the air filter that came with the set up looks like a k&n?.....i have been real happy with it so far....get lots of comments about it......RR:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.