Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know, yet another TRD CAI thread...

After 4 trail runs, I was surprised at how much dirt was caked on the filter. After spending a good day soaking and cleaning, oiling, and setting it out to dry, I decided that I did not want to go through all that again anytime soon. (Though the drying time did give me a chance to spray down and clean the engine, which it really needed.)

Anyways..

I picked up a K&N Precharger and this is the part# that you want: 22-8037PK. (I first bought the 22-8033PK but that didn't fit -- the "bottom" measurements listed on the K&N site were for the largest part of the filter, not the mounting ring that I had thought).

Pics:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, just got my afe CAI on. Where did you get the K&N from, online?
Yeah I ordered it online from 4filters.com. Cheaper prices than the few other places I checked out online and I had it within 2 days, BUT they make a killing off shipping.. $8 to ship out the prefilter. :bananahump-slvrathl

I'd recommend shopping around for a better deal, or just brownbag your lunch for a day or two to make up for it :bandit:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah I ordered it online from 4filters.com. Cheaper prices than the few other places I checked out online and I had it within 2 days, BUT they make a killing off shipping.. $8 to ship out the prefilter. :bananahump-slvrathl

I'd recommend shopping around for a better deal, or just brownbag your lunch for a day or two to make up for it :bandit:
That's why I ordered two. Shipping was only $4 each. ;)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
FYI, Airaid makes one also.
You wouldn't happen to have a part number would you... I think AirRaid is located here locally...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will get two. Without the prefilter it sounds like a time consuming cleaning job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts