Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's Kristin's Photos from Poison Spider and Hell's Revenge Group run. And a couple of birthday bash photos from Sante Fe! Best to all!

LINK----->K2_PART1

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
OUCH!! That's what it looks like when a truck on a Hi-Lift jack shifts to the side under load. Or did the jack base slide outboard? Hmmm. Either way, not gonna buff out.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OUCH!! That's what it looks like when a truck on a Hi-Lift jack shifts to the side under load. Or did the jack base slide outboard? Hmmm. Either way, not gonna buff out.
Yeah i thought the T4R needed some character. I need to attend High lift 101! - "open the door before jacking the vehicle on the slider"

K2 hopped in the passenger seat to grab a lens.....she won't try that again:thinkerg: :lol:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Yeah i thought the T4R needed some character. I need to attend High lift 101! - "open the door before jacking the vehicle on the slider"

K2 hopped in the passenger seat to grab a lens.....she won't try that again:thinkerg: :lol:
Tim...you must be related to Wilson!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Great shots, K2 has the eye for photography...a nice camera doesn't hurt either.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

Bummer.
Man, I thought you guys were pros at this stuff by now.

I guess every time someone's up there giving a 'boring' demo of how to use (and not use) a high-lift jack (i.e. they always say to never use it on rock rails, but everyone just kinda moans, as if we all know better), we can see why now.

I've seen it done twice at the Summit; once it was OK, the other time it was not.

I don't know whether the foot/platform would have helped in this case or not, but probably a good idea to throw that in my recovery kit when I do eventually, finally get a high-lift of my own.

Oh....and the open door idea is a good suggestion too, but I wouldn't want my door frame (or dash, or steering wheel) to get all bashed up either. So, I'll probably just opt for locking the rig and make sure no one tries going in there while I have it jacked up (HA!....I'll be just as likely to be the one that forgets and tries to open some door to get something out too).

Hope it all comes out OK.

By the way (back to the main point of the thread), nice shots, K2. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bummer.
Man, I thought you guys were pros at this stuff by now.

By the way (back to the main point of the thread), nice shots, K2. :cheers:
Ha! Yeah, "professional". I have only used my high lift in the driveway, so live and learn. The 105 ( right ,... probably 120) degree weather added to my brains being so fried that I really wasn't thinking straight. No real harm done, and good for a few laughs on what proved to be a really outstanding day! :bigthumb:

And, If ya haven't...check out K2s gallery link, lots of great shots!K2part1

·
Registered
838 Posts
Lots of fun, glad we got to go

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice pics! Looks familiar - just took those same trails about 1 1/2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. That Me gallery sure is handy is'nt it?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. That Me gallery sure is handy is'nt it?
The Me gallery works great and has the added bonus of letting the viewer download their favorites.

K2 is putting up next: a huge gallery of "around the FJS headquarters" photos with lots of great people, family, kids, dogs shots! Hopefully she got most everyone!:cheers: and "on the trail" photos for the groups Halleygirl led.

Also coming, High Res group photo shots for everyone to share. :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts