Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ever run Kagel Truck Trail?

Tujunga, CA - Google Maps

It was recently closed due too much vandalism and 4x4's driving all over the place, It was a really awesome and VERY local place. With a really awesome hill descent where u tripod, and great hill climbs and tricky ruts with scary spots with drops onboth sides.

This would definitely be a cool place to reclaim if possible by adopting a trail.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't know, as of now only the hang gliders get access to it by a pad lock. At the top is a hang gliding spot and with AWESOME views of the city, really great at night. This was my first place I went off roading and was pretty bummed to see it closed, but understood as there was a lot of vandals graffiti, trash dumping, psychotic people that tried to run me and my friends over while we were helping a dirt biker who broke his leg. I guess it's a product of being so close to the city.

Someone even constructed a dirt bike trail up there with jumps and everything.

Definitely a case of a few people ruining it for everyone.

Night view

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
there was a lot of vandals graffiti, trash dumping, psychotic people that tried to run me and my friends over while we were helping a dirt biker who broke his leg. I guess it's a product of being so close to the city.
Oooooooookay....oh boy. Sounds like a lot of work....hmmmmmm. It would suck to need L.A.P.D. around us just to clean it up :ninja:

I am SO DOWN!!!!!! subscribed.

Eric, your truck looks B-A NOW!!!!!! we gotta get out soon.
Thanks. I want to hit Miller with you and Oscar but I need a 4x4 break since I've gone 3 weekends in a row. Tired and tapped out of fuel.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Oooooooookay....oh boy. Sounds like a lot of work....hmmmmmm. It would suck to need L.A.P.D. around us just to clean it up :ninja:

Thanks. I want to hit Miller with you and Oscar but I need a 4x4 break since I've gone 3 weekends in a row. Tired and tapped out of fuel.
Damn! It would have been nice to get out on the trail again, especially Miller. Never done it.

yeah fuel is a huge factor in 4 wheeling for me these days. Going once a month at most...it sucks.

Back to topic, that view looks intense!! Get more information, I would be willing to help...need lots of water though seeing as temps are hitting100's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts