Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know there are a handful of other KC-area members on the forum--time to stand up and be counted!

By way of background (whether ya'll want to know or not), I'm 25, married, work in public accounting.

Perhaps we could get together for a day of light wheelin' in the area somewhere? Any suggestions? Failing that, we could all just drive around the Plaza like Shriners in a parade. :roller:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shawnee Kansas

Married - 40 something

We own a powder coating shop in KC, KS

FJ Currently sitting in garage awaiting the new windshield. Told the windshield is on backorder...to confirm called my dealer and told 60 were on National backorder...I'm depressed....

Would be fun though sometime to get everyone together...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another KC North FJ Black Cherry and a sh!t eating grin behind the wind shield. Moving soon. Feel free to wave anytime. Talked to a proud new Ti. FJ owner yesterday and told them to join the forum. It's like one big happy family.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Down in Wichita here. Come up to KC quite a bit though. Black 4x4 loaded with trail gear sliders and a tint (considering lift). So far, so good....hope to get up to Tuttle before it gets too cold.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We were at Tuttle a couple of months ago and had a blast!!

Wife and daughter came with me. Wife almost crapped herself and daughter couldn't stop giggling. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to make it out to Tuttle Creek; however, I doubt I'll have time until at least mid-January (and that sounds COLLLLD!).

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I see KSKONDOT from Wichita posted. So if this is becoming a Kansas thread (rather than just Kansas City), count me in. McPherson here. I get to Lawrence semi frequently, with a son living there and daughter going to college there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Olathe, married, 36 and am a photographer on the side.

I was out shooting the Buffalo Run this Satuday...

here is a link to the thread if anyone is interested!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/12728-photoshoot-kc-rally-buffalo-run-no-56k.html

A get together sounds great!
Joekr:

I ran the bull run in a red viper w/ white stripes!

I just got an FJ 2 weeks ago. Love it!

Married & Live in Prairie Village,KS and may have seen the silver one from Fairway. Mine's silver too w/ a roof rack. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey guys, moved here to Denver three years ago from Overland Park, now the wife is pushing to move back. If we do I will definitely be looking for some cool cruiser owners to hang with.

Cruiserdude...

·
Registered
72 Posts
KS FJ, too cool! It was a great time and Erik and I got some shots that we were really happy with!

Been thrilled with my FJ and can't wait till my next camping/hiking trip that's probably going to happen in February...

Cruiserdude, glad you joined in! This discussion has been quiet for a bit and we should try and setup a meet sometime in the near future, maybe the front end of December before x-mas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Count me in for the Plaza run! Maybe we could put Christmas lights on the roof racks!!! Just kidding. Married, just past the 50 yr mark, still think I'm 27 but those damn mirrors keep showing up everywhere... Newbie to FJ. Made the big change from roadster (S2000) to the FJ because I needed to get back to what I enjoy most, backpacking. So, maybe I'm not really a rock hopper, but wanted something to get me to the trailheads, anywhere and anytime of the year. Plus, get there in style, and what better way than an FJ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The wife and I have both been seeing a lot more FJ's also...

Olathe Toyota actually has one in stock right now other than their Blue test drive mule...Sorta wish I would have gotten the Blue, but the wife liked the silver..

Ah, the joys of compromise...:roller:

1 - 20 of 536 Posts