Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, I finally got the swi-jack steering wheel controller. I've connected all the wires accordingly and finally got to the programming. I get the lights on, etc. but no go? Anyone here with any of the kenwood dnx's or ddx's care to elaborate on step by step programming...thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I just installed a Swi-Jack with a Kenwood unit as well and the programming is not as difficult as the directions suggest.

1. Set the dial to the correct manufacturer. I believe for Kenwood it was 8.

2. Turn the ignition to on and wait for the led to light up then press the programming button the corresponding number of times (8). Turn the ignition off and back on again and the led should flash 8 times. Once you get it to flash 8 times this step is done and does not have to be repeated even if you screw up the actual programming.

3. Now you program the actual functions. With the ignition turned on (after the 8 flash confirmation) press and hold the program button for a second. Once it flashes back at you begin programming the functions by holding down each one in the order you want. So the order is:

1. Push vol. up button (steering wheel) and watch for flash.
2. Push Vol. down button again watch for flash.
3. "Skip" so push the program button again.
4. Push the "Mode" button on steering wheel and watch for flash.
5. "Skip" (push the program button)
6. Skip again push the program button.
7. Push seek up on steering wheel watch for flash
8. Seek down watch for flash.

It sounds complicated but once you get a couple functions working it becomes clear. Just remember that you only press the program button when initializing setup and then when "skipping" functions not used. Good luck!

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS, OKAY, I GOT THE FUNCTIONS DIALED, BUT I'M THINKING I WIRED THE WIRES WRONG. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU CONNECTED THE WIRES AND IF YOU USED THE RESISTOR WIRES AT ALL? HAVE NO CLUE ON THAT....THANKS

So I just installed a Swi-Jack with a Kenwood unit as well and the programming is not as difficult as the directions suggest.

1. Set the dial to the correct manufacturer. I believe for Kenwood it was 8.

2. Turn the ignition to on and wait for the led to light up then press the programming button the corresponding number of times (8). Turn the ignition off and back on again and the led should flash 8 times. Once you get it to flash 8 times this step is done and does not have to be repeated even if you screw up the actual programming.

3. Now you program the actual functions. With the ignition turned on (after the 8 flash confirmation) press and hold the program button for a second. Once it flashes back at you begin programming the functions by holding down each one in the order you want. So the order is:

1. Push vol. up button (steering wheel) and watch for flash.
2. Push Vol. down button again watch for flash.
3. "Skip" so push the program button again.
4. Push the "Mode" button on steering wheel and watch for flash.
5. "Skip" (push the program button)
6. Skip again push the program button.
7. Push seek up on steering wheel watch for flash
8. Seek down watch for flash.

It sounds complicated but once you get a couple functions working it becomes clear. Just remember that you only press the program button when initializing setup and then when "skipping" functions not used. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So you use pins 6,7,8 on the 20 pin connector. Ground goes in 6, the white wire goes to 7, and the 150# resistor into 8 and then connected to the white wire. The following link helps out as far as the physical connections. I used a 40 pin header and it worked great but they do make a pig tail if you want a super clean install, just follow the links. Also search for kenwood installs and swi-jack there is tons more info on this forum. Good luck.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/77504-dnx-8120-install.html

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
All done, finally after reading so many topics, everything works, little delay on the switch, but all good...thnx...also sub works to with splicing of wires...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts