Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I want to get the dnx7100..but I have a 4th generation ipod...will the 300v cable work ??
Everywhere is saying it only works with 5th generation and nano

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm pretty sure 4th gen can be hooked up, but not with the 300v. I think you will need the ip500 adaptor. The 300v only works with 5th gen video and nano. By the way, I have been extremely impressed with the ipod control using the 300v. Its very fast, and transfers all the metadata (artist, genre, album, album art...love the album art).

If this is the only thing the ipod will be used for, the USB function of the 7100 will read files off the ipod, using any regular ipod usb cable. You would have to load them onto the pod as folders, (not through itunes). I dont really recomend this way, because you wont be able to search by artist/album etc, only a file up, file down function. Might be good enough to pass if you are buying an ipod in the future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its been awhile since I installed my ipod cable so i don't remember which one I have. I tried playing my video ipod and nano don't play, however it does show the playlists/song titles/artists, etc, etc. Which cable am I using and and which do I need to buy?

I'm pretty sure 4th gen can be hooked up, but not with the 300v. I think you will need the ip500 adaptor. The 300v only works with 5th gen video and nano. By the way, I have been extremely impressed with the ipod control using the 300v. Its very fast, and transfers all the metadata (artist, genre, album, album art...love the album art).

If this is the only thing the ipod will be used for, the USB function of the 7100 will read files off the ipod, using any regular ipod usb cable. You would have to load them onto the pod as folders, (not through itunes). I dont really recomend this way, because you wont be able to search by artist/album etc, only a file up, file down function. Might be good enough to pass if you are buying an ipod in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts