Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a new stereo for my FJ 2010, the Kenwood DNX9960 eXcelon In-Dash 2-DIN AV Navigation System w/ Built-in Bluetooth, GPS

Does anyone have this system installed?, comments?

Thanks
Marcelo
:cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't speak to that particular unit but I installed a Kenwood DNX8140 3 years ago and still love it today. Installation was straight forward and with a Pac-SWI you can keep your steering wheel controls if you've got them. The Garmin navigation is great (this is what sold me on Kenwood), I-Pod interface is smooth, and it sounds great. I say go for it.:cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a Kenwood Navigation deck in my Dodge Caliber and Dodge Durango and loved it. Very rarely did it not get me where i needed to go. I also had a Pioneer Avic-D3 which I really liked as well. I prefer Kenwood and this unit should be a great addition.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Marcelo,I have the 9960 installed in my '08 FJ and I love it.The touch screen reacts swiftly and is very user friendly. The resolution of the video mode screen is amazing. I connected a KVH A7 satellite system to one of my video inputs.The resolution is very good. The Sirius radio is a must with this head unit. My Iphone mates to the bluetooth very quickly.I put a backup camera over my tow hitch. The 9960 switches to the reverse cam effortlessly. As you can tell,I really like this unit. I also installed an Ipod adapter & USB port adapter in the glovebox.Make sure that your unit has the latest Kenwood firmware update on it. The Navigation map software will already be the latest available from Garmin

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the kenwood dnx9960 installed on my 2011 fj. great sound and nav system. superior video display. but i hated the extra usb cables in the glove box. and was limited with the phone from the steering wheel controls. if those things are not an issue, the kenwood is worth the money. i reinstalled the pioneer avic x920b. the video quality is lacking but all the features work like it was a factory install for the fj (no extra cables in the glove box) and half the price of the kenwood 9960.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I bought one to put in my FJ (I hope) this weekend, but from what I played with in the store, it was very nice, and can't wait to get it all hooked up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for yr comments!!, I just bought the unit for my FJ 2010, I can´t wait to get it installed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Where did you buy it from?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts