Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on my 2011 when I unlock the doors the horn honks... I don't mind that for when I lock it, but not so much for the unlock process.... After reading the manual it looks like I cannot change that (like on my F-150). Is this something the Dealer can change configuration wise?

Thanks....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Actually honks? Or is there just a "beep" sound? My 2011 does that latter.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
If you have the alarm system there is a way to change it, but I think it is in the alarm book manual if there is one. I turned it on to see what I would prefer on my 2010, and it was annoying so I turned it back off. It only has a chirpy beep now and not the horn beeping.

Someone else may know the exact procedure? I just know its possible with the alarm system. I do not have access to my documentation at the moment or I could look it up.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I know it had something to do with holding in certain buttons for a time and maybe cycling the key a few times.

You probably have to do that during a harvest moon while standing on one foot reciting the alphabet backwards too. Do not forget the giraffe.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it had something to do with holding in certain buttons for a time and maybe cycling the key a few times.

You probably have to do that during a harvest moon while standing on one foot reciting the alphabet backwards too. Do not forget the giraffe.
Dang, I was using a chicken! I will try again....

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the giraffe was the secret... Turns out it was the aftermarket alarm system the sealer installed that was causing the horn to honk.. Good news was the dealer sent the alarm company to my house to make the programming change.... No charge... Gotta like that service....

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Congrats! My TT came with an alarm and I mucked around with it a bit when I got it, but that was about a year and a half ago and I cannot remember what/how I made it do anything. Glad to hear you got it quieted down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts