Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for parents attending the Summit.

The trail runs will be a nightmare for younger kids and parents. Mine will go crazy in the back seat with those tiny windows, and they will have endured a 15-hour drive already to get there.

Two plans are afoot:

1. Kid Convoy
A slowpoke trail run where parents can pull over a LOT to let the little beasties out to have their fun. Jeshua has suggested Alpine Loop.

2. Babysitting in town
Supervised activities under the oversight of FJ parents. Ideas welcomed. This will require volunteering as a babysitter for a couple hours. Lord knows we have that skill down pretty well.

Please sign up if you're interested:

73Cruiser
Hindsight
jenward74
FJVP
imgone10
FJC8871
Spincycle
SwiCago
Giddens2k
Air2air
t2Cruiser
Sbechtold
1legLance
Moontime
Carlos Mex
Celtic Cruiser

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hmmm, not a bad idea. I would consider signing up for a trail ride with a Kid Convoy theme. I'm sure my son (4 ) would love it.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
alpine loop would be a good one for you Todd theres mines on the side of the road that you can check out (last year I went into one of them) and old buildings to play around.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think this is a great idea. We are bringing a 7 year old who is a travelling marvel, but I'm sure she'd still like to get out and run around a bit. Plus, since it seems that odds are against Black Bear being open, there are probably going to be quite a few of us that will need to fill in that space with some other kind of trail ride.

And, it might get me a close up inspection of Air2Air's ride!:rocker:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
my kids are old now but, kid convoys trailrides sounds like a great idea, and you all might want to have them do a scavenger hunt(but a fill in the blank kind, not bring back) for a particular trail and give a prize at the end for the most correct answers at each age level.another idea is to have the parents get each child or one per car,(unless they will fight over who gets it, then one per) walkie talkies so they can talk to the other kids, this gets them to also interact with other kids that they might not normally out of shyness etc. and it is fun to listen to them get excited and silly with each other and it also lets you drive, a little any way! hope yo all have fun with your little/not so little ones!:) maybe you all have thought about this before. :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
...A little scavenger hunt?...I'm with Sandabbe. My son is grown but my wife and I would enjoy a little "Kiddie Time" on a trail or two...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Great ideas from Sandabbe. Sounds like fun...I am in.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
While I don't have kids, I'd be into a "stop often and explore" run because I'm a photographer and often find that I don't have time to frame shots as well as I'd like. Folks seemed last year to be in a hurry to get back to town.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
When we were Jr. High youth leaders with our Church, we did several yeatly camping trips. we always had a scavenger type hunt paper they had to fill in the blanks, and they also had a secret pal that they had to do something different for each day with out giving themself away to the person, and at the end of the trip they got to guess who it is. But some of the funnest and memorable moments were in the vans (2 to 4 of them) with the walkie talkies doing i spy and guess who and just funny chit chat! and singing silly songs with the other vans! 8+ hour drives with 12 jr. highers(per van) can be taxing!! lol!! These type of activities also make them get out of there comfort zone in a fun and exciting way with little or no peer pressure! because its fun for everyone! part of the hunt questions can be, about getting to know the other kids, a line for getting as many names of the kids in the group as you can. is anyone from?? texas? how many types of flowers are at the next stop? who drives the uber fj? did you see snow? how many Sunfusion FJ's in the group? etc. If who ever... Air2Air..... needs help with questions to put this kiddie event together pm me. Good luck with it. :wave:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah OK I get it... excellent! I have to thank you for this great advice since parents will certainly be short on sanity after a drive this long.

I will PM the ladies here to get in touch with you about doing this. You certainly must be an expert with kids since you married a grownup one

1 - 20 of 39 Posts