Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the right area to post this.

Anyone else bought one of these? It works, but I had a question, the ScanGauge plug only has some metal prongs inside it and the kiwi device is full of the metal prongs, i only ask this because when i start my FJ up with the device off all the lights on my dash stay lit and the speedo doesnt work, but everything returns to normal when i turn it on and back off. I was wondering if it's because some of the metal prongs arent needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
not sure if this is the right area to post this.

Anyone else bought one of these? It works, but I had a question, the ScanGauge plug only has some metal prongs inside it and the kiwi device is full of the metal prongs, i only ask this because when i start my FJ up with the device off all the lights on my dash stay lit and the speedo doesnt work, but everything returns to normal when i turn it on and back off. I was wondering if it's because some of the metal prongs arent needed.
I have had no issues with the kiwi Bluetooth. I just purchased this a week ago. For 80 bucks and runs perfectly with my droid x using torque. I tried turning the kiwi device off than starting the fj. Leaving device on and starting the fj to replicate your problem and each time works fine. I can even listen to my songs via Bluetooth while running torque. Just when I turn torque off is when my music stops for some reason.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, i'll have to double check next time to make sure i'm plugging it in properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts