Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my BFG mud terrain KM2s on, but even the tire place wasn't exactly sure what pressure to set them at for the street. What is everyon else running?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I run mine at 32-35 psi for street. Had a lot of fun this winter with my KM 2's. Got them down to 19 psi for that...

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
James, I run 35 psi in mine on the street. We just got back from a weekend trip to Savannah/Brunswick, GA and they did great, there wasn't a lot of highway noise.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
James, Mike called BFG and they told him that there is no "set" pressure as it has to do a lot with vehicle weight. They instructed him to do the chalk test. You chalk the tread across the width of the tire in a 2"-4" wide band then take it ffor a drive.

The goal is for the chalk to wear off even. Wears only in the center, too much pressure, on the edges too little pressure.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
james the mfr told me to run 41 front 40 rear, i am trying 37 the seem smooth but squishy and floaty. i am goin to pump them up to 44 and give that a try i then will do the chaulk test..

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
James, Mike called BFG and they told him that there is no "set" pressure as it has to do a lot with vehicle weight. They instructed him to do the chalk test. You chalk the tread across the width of the tire in a 2"-4" wide band then take it ffor a drive.

The goal is for the chalk to wear off even. Wears only in the center, too much pressure, on the edges too little pressure.
That is a great idea, like sidewalk chalk, or ordinary classroom chalk?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
i have tons of sidewalk chaulk so i will be using that lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts