Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through threads and builds for the last two days and not really found the answers I was looking for.

I just bought Icon Ext. Coilovers and UCAs for my front end. So now I want to upgrade wheels and tires. I am looking at the KMC XD Addicts wheels which are 17 x 9 and either Nitto Trail Grapplers or Goodyear Durra Tracks.

I'm not sure what tire size to go with for that wheel. I am confused about the difference between Euro and standard measurements. I want to go as big as possible both height and width without out rubbing, I also don't want to be wobbling because the tire is too tall.

Can someone please weigh in and lend me a hand?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
i had the 17x9 KMC XD addict with 35x12.5 BFG KM2s

body mount chopped and 1.25 spidertrax wheels spacers..
No rub

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
I have the XD Rockstars, while they don't look the same, I'm pretty sure they spec they same. I have a metric tire which is essentially 32.5 x 11, a 3" spacer lift, no wheel spacers, no rub.

this is a great tool if you don't know your metric sizes - Tire Dimensions Made Simple - Discount Tire

·
Registered
276 Posts
i got a 3 inch lift, 17x9s and 285 tires and they rub a little when doing hard U turns

·
Registered
27 Posts
Joeisip811- I am looking at the KMC addicts as well. Did you go with the -12 offset? I've looked around and I think that is the size that will fit the FJ. Just wanted to check with someone before I bought a set though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts