Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should be in the planned expedition section, but I wanted to mainly direct it towards the Texas folks (and yes others are welcome for input)! Last year when we were in Moab a discussion was brought up about doing the kokopelli trail prior to the Summit. Is anyone still interested in that in place of Moab the week before the Summit? Matt, Jeff, George, John what do you think?:thinkerg::thinkerg::thinkerg:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
If y'all need info and stuff let me know. I can get some maps etc. and send that to you. I've only done a small section (Rabbit Valley to Cisico).

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I know this should be in the planned expedition section, but I wanted to mainly direct it towards the Texas folks (and yes others are welcome for input)! Last year when we were in Moab a discussion was brought up about doing the kokopelli trail prior to the Summit. Is anyone still interested in that in place of Moab the week before the Summit? Matt, Jeff, George, John what do you think?:thinkerg::thinkerg::thinkerg:
Lots to consider... which part?

Kokopelli's Trail

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
it's a great expedition... did it in 4nights 5 days with 3 kiddos... We took it easy, and it was absolutely fun and memorable for the kiddos :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
it's a great expedition... did it in 4nights 5 days with 3 kiddos... We took it easy, and it was absolutely fun and memorable for the kiddos :bigthumb:
Athena---

Is it very challenging---sounds like you covered lots of territory for 5 days! Looking forward to Summit also -- since I missed 09 & 10:(

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
We'd like to do this some year, but probably not yet.

If you're open to it, I suggest posting this in the 2011 Summit section. I am almost certain you'd get quite a number of people interested in doing this with you as an addition to their Summit journey.

Definitely take Snafu up on that offer to get maps, info etc. Can't beat that kind of help with a sharp stick.

Good luck getting the other TX folks together for this run. I hope you're safe and have a great time. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I really want to but don't know if I can pull it off this year.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Athena---

Is it very challenging---sounds like you covered lots of territory for 5 days! Looking forward to Summit also -- since I missed 09 & 10:(
Most of it is dirt roads, beautiful country, and as you make your way to Moab it begins to get a little more challenging. Top of the world trail wasn't to bad, mostly rock steps to climb up. Then you have Onion Creek, again a little more challenging but not to tough, and lastly Rose Garden Descend. Rose Garden was a little tipsy, maybe more so with our set up with no sway bars and all luggage on top of rig. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Its a bit early for me to commit but it sounds like fun.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a bit early for me to commit but it sounds like fun.
Matt, I think it was Jeff who originally had the idea. Can you touch base with him. I don't ever see him on the forums anymore.

Hey Justin you up for this?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Ill talk to Jeff and let him know whats up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Matt, I think it was Jeff who originally had the idea. Can you touch base with him. I don't ever see him on the forums anymore.

Hey Justin you up for this?
I really would like to go! I may be going to Chicago in July (not sure yet). Otherwise I would like to tag along.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Might I suggest some new tread?:lol:
:lol: Easy buddy! I think my lack of driver skill and the fact that my atrac dosent work with my locker on was the biggest part of the problem. When we went to Moab last year I never had a problem, but I only had the atrac on the whole time. As soon as I wear these out I'll get some new ones :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Athena---

I've done it a few times. It is EASILY do-able in 3 days and 2 nights. You can leave from the trail head near Fruita, CO around noon on day one and be in Moab in mid-afternoon on day three with plenty of time for hanging out and driving around enroute. The last forty miles of the official trail is on pavement and I didn't find that at all interesting. Once you're off the Rose Garden, simply head toward Moab instead -- just my .02 cents worth.:ninja:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
:lol: Easy buddy! I think my lack of driver skill and the fact that my atrac dosent work with my locker on was the biggest part of the problem. When we went to Moab last year I never had a problem, but I only had the atrac on the whole time. As soon as I wear these out I'll get some new ones :bigthumb:
I wouldn't call it lack of skill. Your puckered sphincter was telling your brain to ignore what your spotter was saying. Next time just follow Sean's directions and you will be aight.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
And for the adults too! :)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea, I don't know if I would say that you never had a problem!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: If you remember we spoke about a couple of problems.... but you don't need to let cashnutz know that :lol::simmadown::simmadown:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts