Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these HID's? I only know of one person who has them(JRock) and would like to hear some more feedback from more than one person on these.

I'm not big on lights, but i do need something better the damn hella 500's.

They offer two sizes: 7" and 4" I was thinking either three 4" lights across my bumper, or two of the 7"ers. Then just make my harness since i do not believe they come with one. Good price for bright light IMO.

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
A friend of mine has four of them on his sand rail, and they light up the night! But, there isn't much "spill". I'm planning on two of the 7" on the front bumper.

·
Registered
872 Posts
hmm those don't look too bad

(too bad the cover isn't yellow so you could use them as fogs too... i know i know someone is gonna tell me thebeam pattern is all wrong but still...)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
JRock is running them too, along with a ton of desert runner Taco guys. Everyone speaks very highly of them. They are sealed and have an internal ballast. They do come with the wiring harness and a lit rocker switch.
Each light includes a clear polycarbonate protective lens cover to protect the tempered glass lens from rocks. The wiring harness to connect to the included blue back lit rocker switch is also included.
I plan on putting 3 of them on my tube bumper VERY soon and I'll be doing a write up on them also. These, along with an HID plug n play kit will be the ticket!

They have them at the Kragen by me for $90/ each....can't beat it!

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JRock is running them too, along with a ton of desert runner Taco guys. Everyone speaks very highly of them. They are sealed and have an internal ballast. They do come with the wiring harness and a lit rocker switch.

I plan on putting 3 of them on my tube bumper VERY soon and I'll be doing a write up on them also. These, along with an HID plug n play kit will be the ticket!

They have them at the Kragen by me for $90/ each....can't beat it!
What the address to the kragen that has them? I'm going to come get them tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I really want lightforce lights but that is a great price for HIDs. Is there a red lense available?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just want to use those to flash those freaking headlights that are blinding on the roads. I can't stand the brighter lights whether on a clear night or bad weather.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Will those hook up to the wiring fromthe stock Hellas?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just picked up a pair at Kragens in Santa Monica for $99.99 ea. I'll install it tomorrow and take pics.

Jeff's gonna be bummed at Intense Fabrication, he's holding 2 Vision X 6512

for me...these go for $150 ea. and $25 for the wiring harness, these are the new 100 watt Halogen Tungsten series which can be converted into a HID system with internal ballast using the same housing for alot more $$$...so I'm saving over $100 easy...I'll take the shame and humility for HID's over the $325 for the Vision X...I keep reminding myself that we're in a recestion.

Oh well, if the Kragen specials don't work out...I'll go with the Vision X 6512's.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Just to clarify the 4's are $99.00 and the 7's are $119.00. They have them in Costa Mesa Dom. Nice post BTW.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Dom,

I just picked up CADaveberts' DO bumper, and was looking at my the Kragen HID's I have on my ARB and got really Sad. I don't think they 7" will fit on the Demello. I measured them roughly and it will be a very tight fit, but i'm leaning more towards the no. These lights are also very DEEP. The mounting holes you would have to make are probably going to be right where the winch hole is, not sure about the 4"inchers.

regardless, these lights really kick A$$, a little blue for my taste, but are bright as heck.

Also the wiring harness is a piece of junk imho. No relay or switch included.

If anyone picks up the 4" versions, I'll trade you my 7" straight up! crossing fingers!!! you'll save 40 bucks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
My only complaint is that they shake quite a bit over washboard roads. They have a plastic housing that is not increadibly strong and the beam patern gets shaky when driving fast. Nothing more than a bit annoying though. Much better to see what you are driving over...

Take a drive with me if you want I'll show them off before you spend money. I don't remember them coming with a wiring harness...

Now to replace my roofrack lights with four of the 4'' ones...

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Lonelydriver, you used the stock IPF harness and what not in order to wire these. What all did you have to modify to make them work with these HID lights??? I have the 900xsd lights and would like to get HID's.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dom,

I just picked up CADaveberts' DO bumper, and was looking at my the Kragen HID's I have on my ARB and got really Sad. I don't think they 7" will fit on the Demello. I measured them roughly and it will be a very tight fit, but i'm leaning more towards the no. These lights are also very DEEP. The mounting holes you would have to make are probably going to be right where the winch hole is, not sure about the 4"inchers.

regardless, these lights really kick A$$, a little blue for my taste, but are bright as heck.

Also the wiring harness is a piece of junk imho. No relay or switch included.

If anyone picks up the 4" versions, I'll trade you my 7" straight up! crossing fingers!!! you'll save 40 bucks!
I'll have to go to kragen and ask if i can pull one out of the package for a test fit

My only complaint is that they shake quite a bit over washboard roads. They have a plastic housing that is not increadibly strong and the beam patern gets shaky when driving fast. Nothing more than a bit annoying though. Much better to see what you are driving over...

Take a drive with me if you want I'll show them off before you spend money. I don't remember them coming with a wiring harness...

Now to replace my roofrack lights with four of the 4'' ones...
You think round lights would look good on top of our racks?

Dom-my rig on the left has them on the bumper....I love these things. I got rid of PIAA 540 Drive lights and the difference is night and day...no pun intended

Those look bright!

1 - 20 of 166 Posts