Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings guys and gals. Wanted to let you guys in or near central Florida know about an event coming up in November. Off Road United is putting on it's 5th annual Krawlin for the Fallen event. They raise money to assist the survivors of First Responders who have paid the ultimate price. These guys do great things all year long and this is their big fund raiser event. They pay bills for widows, show up to cook and take care of those who respond to natural disasters, aid with support to the co-workers effected by tragedy on the thin blue line. Last year they raised over 100k, and all of it goes to work taking care of those who take care of us and fall. Is a huge honor to be part of it again this year.

This event is the weekend of November 8th. There is on site primitive camping (no RV hookups) and several places near by one can hook up the camper as well as hotels in the area. Go to Offroad United website (https://www.offroadunitedfoundation.com/) for more details, or buy raffle tickets. Which by the way, if you come bring cash with you, for you will find lots of cool stuff that is being raffled off and lots of vendors. LOTS...

Anyway, this thing is overrun with Jeeps, was never a problem for me before as that is what I wheeled in. But now, I would rather not be alone in the representation of the FJ. So if you have time, come on down and join us. Will be fun. Lots of vendors, 24 miles of trails and a pretty decent obstacle course. Good family fun. Come for the day, or spend the weekend. If any of you do come, hit me up. Would be nice to meet some of yall in person. Hope to see yall there.

Cheers
Ray T

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I aint worried about them guys. They are my people... As a reformed YJ guy that is....lol... Plus, I had feelings once, brushed that crap off and went on with life. In my world, if you don't have thick skin, you will spend a bunch of time on the edge of a cliff and/or on a couch at a therapist's office..lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
As a very lucky 30 year veteran of the police force, I would like to thank everyone putting on this event. Wish I could make it down to participate, but already have a commitment in Arkansas that weekend. Too often the survivors of those fallen in the line of duty ( both military and first responders ) are forgotten and are in need. Kudos for your efforts.
As car guys I would also like to make everyone aware of another very worthwhile charity event that is also a hell of a lot of fun. It is called Rally North America and they put on 2 cross country rallys every year for charities such as wounded warriors, summer camps for children with terminal illness, etc. They only support charities where virtually everything goes to the end purpose, not some ceo along the way. The rallys range from 1200 to 4000 miles and 3 to 7 days. They are open to any type vehicle and an absolute ball. They are limited to 80 cars and sell out in just a few days. Look them up online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts