Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is about time to get new tires and stepping up to 285s. But, after looking at the cost for a 17" wheel, I am blown away. I could buy 5 16" tires of the same brand and still have 300 left over for four of the same tires in a 17" wheel.

I have 5, 16" FJ 60/62 wheels with 37 SSRs on them. 3 are for my camping trailer and the rest rot in back yard (only 1/3 tread left and no enough to use on my FJ40 when I go rock crawling. I can't test the wheels to see if they fit because the tires are too big.

Will a 16" wheel clear the brake calipers? I believe the backspacing is the same as the alloy 17" wheels the FJ Cruiser has. I am just worried about them fitting over the calipers.

I figure I could paint the FJ 60 wheels black and sell the 17" alloys to make some money back. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Too difficult to tell. Why don't you test fit them? Sometimes the specs are right, but if the design is a little different they can have issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts