Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 28, 2006 -

Since other bumpers have had dedicated threads I thought that this alternative deserved some notice.

I called these guys and heres the story on the Landcruiser NW bumper: Apparently they made it as a one off custom job for Toyota and Revtek so they can use it in a show and to show it off in Moab. LCNW is hoping that by next week they can get it back, so that they can measure it out for a fabricator to mass produce. Theyve gotten lots of positive feedback on the bumper. At this point (before the fabricator has had a chance to look at it), They're guessing the bumper will be priced between $1200-$1500. However, don't know how soon it will be readily available. They said to check back in a week.

In any case, its a nice alternative/addition to the ARB, All-Pro, and Bentup bumpers that we've seen and drooled on so far.

One other thing, they will be working on a rear bumper shortly after they figure out the logistics of the front bumper. One other aftermarket part to look forward to.

This is their website.
http://www.landcruisernw.com/
Contact them here in PORTLAND OREGON
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: (866) 563-2777
Local: (503) 224-5115

more pics of that rig
http://www.landcruisernw.com/FJ Cruiser Pictures.htm

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: Landcruiser NW bumper - another option

Keep this topic active. I want to see this when it goes production. It reminds me of the front of a Yamaha Raptor ATV!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

I'd like to see LCNW integrate a brush guard in their bumper.

Here's another bumper I found on Revteks site. I have no idea who makes it. I dont really like it very much but for those of you who do, can call Revtek.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

still like bentups or all pro the most. why is this bumper 12-1500? seems a bit pricey to me. arb is what, 1000 and change?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

caliFJ said:
still like bentups or all pro the most. why is this bumper 12-1500? seems a bit pricey to me. arb is what, 1000 and change?
No idea Cali. It was just a guess, I dont think LCNW will really know until after they talk to the fabricator. I'll keep you posted. I personally like the look of this bumper better than the ARB. I like the All-Pro alot too.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Perv3rse said:
No idea Cali. It was just a guess, I dont think LCNW will really know until after they talk to the fabricator. I'll keep you posted. I personally like the look of this bumper better than the ARB. I like the All-Pro alot too.
Their sliders look custom as well. Did they mention them in your conversation? Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

Perv3rse said:
I'd like to see LCNW integrate a brush guard in their bumper.

Here's another bumper I found on Revteks site. I have no idea who makes it. I dont really like it very much but for those of you who do, can call Revtek.
I saw this FJ in WARN's vender booth at MOAB EJS. It's only a prototype that warn is still working on. Revtek told me they are trying to make it smaller
and closer to the grill.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts

Thanks perv3rse,

Looks cool...but the price might make most shy away. I guess that is the price for functional fashionwear for your FJ. I'm just curious how well it would protect in an accident. I, too, am not a huge fan of the Warn bumper's looks and the ARB seems much more substantial for a whole lot less $$$.

Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Sorry to take it off topic but anybody know what wheels are on the last pic of the yellow one(black rims) and on the black truck with the black beadlock rims?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I tried a search on this, but no luck. LCNW is a small shop, but if they can't mass produce this bumper, they should license out the design. I love it. Second best imo is the Allpro. Can't believe more people are not clamoring for it.... :D :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted about this bumper a long time ago.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3526&highlight=lcnw

LCNW is still trying to find a fabricator that can mass produce this bumper at a reasonable pricepoint. Everytime I give them a call, the standard response these days has gone from "give us 2 more weeks to give you more details" to "try back next month".
Its doesnt seem for lack of trying that they are taking a while for this item, but more that the quotes they are getting have been way too high.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I remember the other night in Portland the owner of Revtek mentioning that this was his favorite bumper - that is a major compliment - weeks or months, this one is worth waiting for imo. This truck really stood out at Moab.

Talk about easy access to the winch! No removing the bumper to get at things.

The bumper really looks good with the color matched rock rails.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Perv3rse said:
I posted about this bumper a long time ago.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3526&highlight=lcnw

LCNW is still trying to find a fabricator that can mass produce this bumper at a reasonable pricepoint. Everytime I give them a call, the standard response these days has gone from "give us 2 more weeks to give you more details" to "try back next month".
Its doesnt seem for lack of trying that they are taking a while for this item, but more that the quotes they are getting have been way too high.
Perv3rse - thanks for the info - that is the bumper for me.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
LCNW says they are close to getting it out the door - no pricing yet. I once heard that the cheapest they could sell it was $1400. They must have found a fab shop that would dedicate themselves to doing it less expensive. The great thing is they are local here in PDX so I can have them put it on and do it right + cut the body mounts while they are at it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just noticed there doesn't seem to be any hangers for shackles. I must be missing something, huh?

Hey Noisy, you might suggest to them that they should provide installation documentation for those of us who may be doing this install in our garages. ;)

-voodoo

1 - 20 of 186 Posts