Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Those pictures have been up for about a year and a half, its pictures of a ONE OFF" a fabricator made just for them and had no plans of making more. Til they got alot of calls then they said they will but its been a way over a year since they said it will be out soon, so dont hold your breath or even your beer. Its the pink elephant/big foot of the FJ world.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sorry guys, but I'm one that hopes they never go into production on this bumper. I don't want too many bumpers driving around Portland looking like mine.:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just a quick update on this bumper. I called them yesterday and they currently have 5 on the shelf (9/10/07). They come powder coated black, but for an extra fee they can be powder coated silver. Cost was quoted to me at $1100.00. Talking to the wife tonight about it, wish me luck. If all goes well I will post pics after receipt. I am thinking about leaving it black, should look pretty sweet with the titanium.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy looking at this one of it's kind unique tube bumper on my fj every day.. extremely functional, and stout as schit... good job LCNW :rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Hey I gotta :D

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Hey I gotta :D
Hey, after over 6 months of use, what do you think of it? Does it seem reasonable 'dense' from the front, i.e. not exposing much of the vulnerable stuff behind, like radiator, AC line etc?
While you're at it, would you kindly go out and hit some deer or cattle for me, and report back on the sturdiness factor :wave:
Yours forever gratefully

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I just ordered a LCNW bumper!!! :) They happened to have one in stock due to a buyer falling through. I found out they have a 3 hoop version that I've never seen, and it is the same bumper with the hoops welded on the top, angry style.

I went with the standard bumper so I don't have to wait. They're just powder coating it and shipping it to me in a few days.

For anyone interested, the hoop version is about $1400, standard $1200.

hoop version:

·
Registered
26 Posts
We will have a few in stock next week. Some are being made as we speak.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Here's my newly installed no hoop LCNW masterpiece. Thanks LNCW!

Now I need some 6 inch lights to fill in the corners, and a fairly lightweight winch setup to fill the void.

They had the bumper delivered a week after ordering it and offered to powdercoat it any color or add hoops. I stuck with the included black in the no hoop version.My build is designed to have all the add ons, at the lowest weight, while keeping strength at tbe forefront. My gas mileage is unaffected by adding the bumper to my ricochet hd skid, all pro rock rails, and stock size AT tires. My theory on mileage is that bigger tires (285 or more) and a roof tack equal loss of 4+ mpg, a gargantuan bumper -1 to 2 more. I'm still at 17-19 in my 07 including wheeling half the tank.

It was a straightforward install once I figured out what needed to be trimmed or removed from the original bumper, latch support, and headlight frame, none of which affect the structural integrity of anything.

I did the install myself in 3 hours with a couple of pictures and no instructions, except for a couple of pointers.

I then did a refit after testing it offroad on day 1, to address squeaks from not doing a proper trimming job from being excited to slap it on already!. Now there are no squeaks, rattles, or noises in tge roughest of terrain. It's centered up perfectly and it only took 10 minutes to take it off and put it back on the second time:)

Currently, I have stock offroad suspension with 3" puck lift. On the paved streets, I barely know the bumper is there. No noticeable brake dive.

After logging at least 15 hours of mountain trails and desert dirt, my stock suspension performs at an acceptable level. As expected, I feel the extra weight on big ruts and washboards.

I'm definitely adding a front coilover setup if not a full suspension kit at the time the winch goes in. It looks like the winch will be a simple install with the bumper on the truck. Easy to pull out to lose weight.

This bumper is light on the truck being 70 lbs or less.It doesn't hang forward like most bumpers and is tucked in tight!

The truck also looks wider front the front and the tires are in full view after trimming most of the fender mud flaps as designed. love it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
SmallDog - Truck looks good. Glad the bumper worked out for you.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Thanks Matt! Question if I could. I just got some piaa 540 lights to fill the voids under the headlights like on your silver website FJ. Over the phone, you guys said to drill and tap under the bumper tube and hang them upside down. Is there enough thickness in the steel tubing to thread and secure the lights without a retaining nut on the inside of the tube? Do you know of any add on clams if this might be an issue? I noticed yours might be smaller and lighter than the 540s that are 5". Another idea is to weld a light tab onto the bumper. Is their a rattle can paint that matches your black powdercoat?

Thanks again! Imreally digging my LCNW bumper!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Very nice, Smalldog, welcome to the LCNW owners club.
Thanks Chris. It is an exclusive club:) Glad To be a part of it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
We recommend (if you have access to a welder) to weld some tabs flush with bottom of the tube on the backside in the middle of the bend. That is what we have done in the past.

We will find out about the paint and get back.

Matt

141 - 160 of 186 Posts