Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
We recommend (if you have access to a welder) to weld some tabs flush with bottom of the tube on the backside in the middle of the bend. That is what we have done in the past.

We will find out about the paint and get back.

Matt
Thanks Matt! I do have a welder lined up. Is there anyway you could post a couple of pics of the welded tabs? When you say weld them flush with the bottom of the tube on the backside, will the tabs be horizontal to the ground and will be visible from the front (not that that's a problem, I just to position them in the best spot). Thanks for checking into paint as well!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Damn, Matt, a member since 2008 and already 8 posts. You must be busy. My bumper is still doing great. You may remember it you welded a bull bar on it for me.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Damn, Matt, a member since 2008 and already 8 posts. You must be busy. My bumper is still doing great. You may remember it you welded a bull bar on it for me.
That looks great, Chris. I would have asked for that if I knew how cool that looks. I thought the full hooped version was too much for my needs but that is a great "in the middle" option! What winch is that you have. That looks great too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Matt! I do have a welder lined up. Is there anyway you could post a couple of pics of the welded tabs? When you say weld them flush with the bottom of the tube on the backside, will the tabs be horizontal to the ground and will be visible from the front (not that that's a problem, I just to position them in the best spot). Thanks for checking into paint as well!
From the Front so tab is going towards the engine

From the side

Horizontal Yes but not seen from the front really.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do. Truck looks good!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Perfect. That's exactly the visual I needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great!

I know there was talk of a swing-out option, is that a custom option and/or do you have any photos of a rear bumper with a swing-out?

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,999 Posts
That looks great, Chris. I would have asked for that if I knew how cool that looks. I thought the full hooped version was too much for my needs but that is a great "in the middle" option! What winch is that you have. That looks great too.
I really think you should get that center hoop made and put on!!! It would look sick on the voodoo!!

And I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I love the LCNW bumper with the 3 hoops!!!! It looks so cool!!!!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I really think you should get that center hoop made and put on!!! It would look sick on the voodoo!!

And I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I love the LCNW bumper with the 3 hoops!!!! It looks so cool!!!!
I asked about adding it onto mine after the fact and LCNW said no problem. I liked the weight savings without the hoop but now im not too concerned.

The shipping both ways would hurt though! Also a re-powdercoat would cost $$$, but it would give me an excuse to change the color to grey or something!

The evil eye is cool as is the single hoop. Maybe I can drive to Portland and get it welded in person :rocker:

Looks like Portland is a short 12.5 hours each way out I-84 : jester:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,999 Posts
I asked about adding it onto mine after the fact and LCNW said no problem. I liked the weight savings without the hoop but now im not too concerned.

The shipping both ways would hurt though! Also a re-powdercoat would cost $$$, but it would give me an excuse to change the color to grey or something!

The evil eye is cool as is the single hoop. Maybe I can drive to Portland and get it welded in person :rocker:

Looks like Portland is a short 12.5 hours each way out I-84 : jester:

Yeah that would cost quite a pretty penny!!! :lol:

Perhaps see if a local fab shop could do it?? :thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I would be interested in one as well if you could accomplish a swingout that is designed properly, unlike most out there now :cheers: It would be real sweet to incorporate gas can or rotopax storage too...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I would be interested in one as well if you could accomplish a swingout that is designed properly, unlike most out there now :cheers: It would be real sweet to incorporate gas can or rotopax storage too...

Agreed. I would be really interested in one. I love the LCNW bumpers, I think that you guys could make a SWEET swingout. Any idea what the cost would be? I'm in Oregon and would gladly offer my rig for test fitting if you need it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed. I would be really interested in one. I love the LCNW bumpers, I think that you guys could make a SWEET swingout. Any idea what the cost would be? I'm in Oregon and would gladly offer my rig for test fitting if you need it. :bigthumb:
The demand seems to be there for this modification on the bumper so we are happy to build this. Having another FJ to build this on would be key. Its hard to give an accurate cost for this addition until we do it, but off the top we are thinking around 300.00. The spindle alone is around 100.00. Give us a ring if you would like to discuss this further.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Finally installed a winch in my LCNW. Warn 9.5 TI. It fits perfectly with no modifications. Only te bezel needs to come off to install it. No grinding on the Hawse fair lead like some report they have to do. 30 minute install. Wrench, socket, and Phillips head are all you need :rocker:

161 - 180 of 186 Posts