Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Number 2 with a smile. Fiberglass utility bed will be put on a truck frame, lifted and built up to the extreme. This will be fun...:). I'll keep posted on progress!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
That truck bed is exactly what I've been looking for! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
May I ask where you found it? And how much?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Cool, I can't wait to see how you it turns out. Based on what I saw at WTF it should be badass!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I actually knew a guy who just wanted it off his property. That's what you call luck! I've seen a few on craigslist but they aren't cheap. Usually $600-800 and fiberglass beds are rare. I plan on really going all out on this one. May have to strip the other trailer of a few parts.

The kitchen and plumbing will be first priority. A platform will be topping off the rack and frame/ suspension are yet to be found. But I'll get'r done in time.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
That is going to be pretty nice... what are you planning on putting under it?

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Holy crap! That's going to be one helluva nice off-road trailer.
Gotta put mud tires on that bad-boy. Looking forward to the build-up pics.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Planning on a chevy 1/2 frame with a lift and 33" or 35" tires. After pulling the smaller trailer it will be getting the air ride for sure. Just like how it pulls.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Lane, you are the MAN when talking about base camp trailers. I can see a thread for all to watch.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lane you sure have a passion for base camp trailers! Can't wait to see what you have in store. Maybe this time you can fit a hot tub in there somehow. lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news! Just found a 1/2 ton truck bed trailer that might work. It'll need some modifications but it'll do the trick. Better news, it's already lifted. Best news, they only want $75 for it.... Can I get a hell yeah!

This coming weekend I'll grab a few tires from the ranch and pull it up here. Then the fun begins!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What? It gave you a chubby...? Yeah, think it's called a trailer fettish! J/k, bro!

Got it loaded up to take out to the ranch and start the mounting process. Going to get the frame tomorrow night and haul it back. It's about to begin!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VOTE NEEDED! Leave the color alone? OR bed line it black to match the fj....

I'm leaning toward black...

The first trailer looked sweet in black.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts