Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked 1000 times but I cant find the answer. Is there a bracket or spacer on the market that will allow for a larger spare tire on the rear of my 2014 FJ and still keep the factory backup camera?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whoops...post what you come up with...wife country girl...replaced her 08 with a 14. Yeah she let me have the 08. Nice girl too. Anywho she hates the factory 265s. Cant wait for me to buy her some 285s. She says 265s are kinda bumpy, not smooth. She has a back up camera. Not sure if this will be an issue or not

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't have a picture handy but yes, I have 285's on my '14 and use the factory backup camera. Even made a cover for it out of a aftermarket wheel hub cover. I will try to get you a picture tomorrow. I didn't need an adapter or spacer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have a picture handy but yes, I have 285's on my '14 and use the factory backup camera. Even made a cover for it out of a aftermarket wheel hub cover. I will try to get you a picture tomorrow. I didn't need an adapter or spacer.
Any lift or leveling kit? what brand 285 tires? No rub?
Pics will be appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Any lift or leveling kit? what brand 285 tires? No rub?
Pics will be appreciated.
I made myself a note to do this tomorrow. I have a 3"/2" lift leveling kit. Toytec Springs/5100''s with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. No rub. There was a slight rub on the front mud flaps until the caster was set correctly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This has probably been asked 1000 times but I cant find the answer. Is there a bracket or spacer on the market that will allow for a larger spare tire on the rear of my 2014 FJ and still keep the factory backup camera?

I hope this helps the OP. No spacer needed. Just a bit of custom cutting on the wheel center cap to make it fit. I found out how to do it here on this site.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts