Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me the largest tires that I can fit on a 2008 FJ Cruiser (without adding a lift) - Trying to go 35-37"... is this possible or no?

Thanks in advance... new here...

:cheers:

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
nope. 285s is pretty much the biggest w/o lift. beware...others here will flame you for not searching prior to asking ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. 285s is pretty much the biggest w/o lift. beware...others here will flame you for not searching prior to asking ;)
I'm not new to the forum game, and I really don't care about the forum politics that go on (on all of them) - however, I did search, but I got lots of mixed results... thanks for answering... so those would be 33" tires, correct? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
This is the look I want: (are these bigger than 33"? I can't tell form this pic...)

You realize that without a lift that "look" is not happening, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes- 285s are 33s and my tires are 35s :cheers:
Ahhhh, I see... it's yours! I found it in a Google Picture search... "Custom FJ Cruisers" I think... beautiful... we have similar tastes... however, from the additional pics I just seen in your thread, it's actually a little higher than I want mine to be... it's not going to in trails or anything... at least not now... it's just a daily driver... just looking for something a little more aggressive... somewhere inbetween yours and stock would be perfect for me, for now...

Here's my last 4WD... 2007 Wrangler... miss it, but the FJ is much more practical for me...

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Ahhhh, I see... it's yours! I found it in a Google Picture search... "Custom FJ Cruisers" I think... beautiful... we have similar tastes... however, from the additional pics I just seen in your thread, it's actually a little higher than I want mine to be... it's not going to in trails or anything... at least not now... it's just a daily driver... just looking for something a little more aggressive... somewhere inbetween yours and stock would be perfect for me, for now...

Here's my last 4WD... 2007 Wrangler... miss it, but the FJ is much more practical for me...

no crap? that's how you found it? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

just fyi, in the later pictures in my thread I swapped out my oem coils + spacer lift for real coilovers and cranked them up. personally, it is too high for me too!!! i am actually going to be swapping out my 6" lift for a 3" lift sometime soon...if i wasn't going to do that though i would scroll down my coilovers to the original height. as it sits right now, it's more of a 7-8" lift in front, and I am not happy with it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no crap? that's how you found it? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

just fyi, in the later pictures in my thread I swapped out my oem coils + spacer lift for real coilovers and cranked them up. personally, it is too high for me too!!! i am actually going to be swapping out my 6" lift for a 3" lift sometime soon...if i wasn't going to do that though i would scroll down my coilovers to the original height. as it sits right now, it's more of a 7-8" lift in front, and I am not happy with it
How bad does your MPG go down with the 35"ers?

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
How bad does your MPG go down with the 35"ers?
with my re-gear i average 13 or so if i baby it. very long road trips with straight highway and cruise control can yield up to 16. if i go 70+ it goes down the drain to 8-10...

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
This is the look I want: (are these bigger than 33"? I can't tell from this pic...)

That is a tite looking FJ for sure.....dig the blackoout treatment and the amount of lift.... :rocker::rocker::rocker:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts