Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for someone in Las Vegas that might be willing to test drive my truck for like maybe an hour. It's sitting at Desert Toyota on Sahara, and they feel they have fixed a persistent lean mixture problem (that reduces vehicle power greatly). I don't 100% trust them since they had me fly out to Vegas once before, only to have the same problem kick in after about 30 miles driving. I've been trying to get them to actually test their "fixes", but it's like trying to teach the scientific method to apes. Would someone be willing to do me a favour and test drive this bad boy for me before I fly out to try to retrieve it next week? It's a manual transmission with a Inchworm tcase.

(BTW: this is the vehicle that is in this months FJC magazine and also in 4wdtoyotaowner magazine a few months ago, so it might be interesting (i.e. attempted sales plea :) ).

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Damn Mark, I sure hope they fixed it this time, did they say what they found out what caused it?

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn Mark, I sure hope they fixed it this time, did they say what they found out what caused it?
Just like last time, they're very confident it's fixed. :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Good luck Mark. I bet you miss your baby!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Mark, would be happy to test it for you. How about tomorrow. I have most the day off and can make it happen. Let me know what can of paces you want to taken through.
Gary

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mark, would be happy to test it for you. How about tomorrow. I have most the day off and can make it happen. Let me know what can of paces you want to taken through.
Gary
That would be awesome!!! I'll get in contact with the service manager for my truck (I'll PM you details). In terms of paces, it really needs to be driven for about 40-50 miles. When I picked it up last time, it drove from the west end of Sahara Blvd to the 15 and then north all the way up the stretch north of North Las Vegas and only started to give trouble up north of the raceway, pretty much at the Apex mine. After that, it becomes a pain to drive. So maybe what I'd do this time is just go north on 15, then west on 95 then complete the loop on the 215 and just make it go for like 50 miles (that way you're kind of just orbiting Desert Toyota if it goes bad). If it's still good at 50 miles, then it's probably good. After that, it'd be your discretion - wanna drive it off road or mess around with it, I'm happy with what ever you want to do :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nevadaesh, lets go jump some dunes! :rocker:

Just kidding. Hope its fixed, Desert Toyota seems to be the best service department in town.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I thought maybe you can drop it off in Ouray for Mir. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No luck on the test run: Gary hit the same error I did. My main post on this problem is located here.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
No luck on the test run: Gary hit the same error I did. My main post on this problem is located here.
That really suuuucks!!! If you can't turn to a Toyota dealership.....who can you trust?!?!?!

Bring in some engineer from Japan?!?!?!

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Thanks for the help Gary!!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Mark have you hit your lemon law limit yet? I can only imagine if you had fly there and find this out yourself! :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
That sucks!!! Any idea whats next on the list of things to change?

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That sucks!!! Any idea whats next on the list of things to change?
Yeah, I spoke to the service manager again today after the test run. They're finally looking at the fuel system :)

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Yeah, I spoke to the service manager again today after the test run. They're finally looking at the fuel system :)
That is frustrating.

Were you planing on going to the Ouray? I hope you are coming one way or another. If you need a ride let me know I have room.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Mark are you still under 18,000 miles and 18 months (from purchase)? Have you contacted Toyota?

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mark are you still under 18,000 miles and 18 months (from purchase)? Have you contacted Toyota?
I'm at about 20,000 and 24 months. Also given all the mods (esp. to the aux tank) - until we find out exactly what it is - I'm a little leery of starting to talk warrantee. I'd just be happy with a fix. I still think it'll be something easily fixable, the service place just needs to start looking at the diagnostics rather than just "fixing" stuff at random :)

On the summit: I think at this point, it's probably not going to happen. I already had some family visiting conflicts, so this is probably the coup d'grace.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
mir I will be there next Tuesday Evening FYI. let me know

1 - 20 of 24 Posts