Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would alert those interested......lot of discussion on a previous recent thread in this forum. Wanted those who participated in that thread to see my last entry....which was.....

"Talked to a tech at Scepter this morning and told her I had just purchased two Sand cans with the arabic writing. Called to check on the gasket and the use of gas in the diesel tank. She said tank was same and also the good viton gasket...so gas or diesel can be used in the ones I got.
Just thought I would mention it for anyone wanting the sand colored tanks. She also said to "take good care of them" as no more to non military agency. Said some surplus stores, ebay, etc., may have some still available. I immediately called Dave's Surplus in B.C. He said he had to put in a new order soon as they had an apparent run on tanks last week.....wonder why...lol. I ordered two more sand colored ones and the other smaller spout. That way I'm fixed with four tanks and both spouts.
If you're thinking about getting some Scepter tanks, I would do it now while they still have stock. I'm not sure how their new order to Scepter might be received. Perhaps they are ok being in Canada.....but if Scepter is going military agency only, these might be the last available. Just food for thought.":mecry:

Hope this helps those who want some of these incredible tanks. They also have the olive with red straps (gas). Here's the link....

https://dstactical.com/index.php?cPath=226_227

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Depends, probably about $30 to NJ.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are people getting the sand (tan) color diesel one just because of the color? or is there another reason to get that one over the one labeled for gas

Thanks
People would probably get the sand to go with their Sandstotm FJ. I plan on getting a Sandstorm FJ soon, so that's why I got the sand color. Tanks are the same and gaskets are also viton on the sand color, which can be used for either gas or deisel. Just individual color preference....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my order in. I ended up getting (4) 20L gas, (2) 20L water, and (2) 19mm spouts.

Hope I'm not too late.
You should get an additional email informing you that the order status indicates "in shipping" sometime after you order has been received and processed ....probably tomorrow if placed late today. Then you can sit back and wait for arrival.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Maybe Woodsman can chime in...but I believe it was like $38 to him for two tanks and a funnel spout. Without looking I think he is in Illinois.

It was $20 to me for two tanks and spout and I'm in Washington....just south of Dave's in B.C.
$38 to Indiana actually, but you were close. :jester: I am guessing that mine will arrive yet this week.

That's not bad considering crossing the border and all . . . and the simple fact that you can't get them anywhere else.

Again, great job in finding DS Tactical, CruiserWA. :cheers:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Okay....I don't get it....

Your Canadian dealer has them for $54.99--which I imagine is CN$, not US$. I have ordered three times from Brigade Quartermasters and I paid $39.99 (US) for the olive/red strap and they have the sand ones for $42.99 (US). There is also a code you can put in for free shipping.

So.............is the Canadian deal all that great? Is this new math? ;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Okay....I don't get it....

Your Canadian dealer has them for $54.99--which I imagine is CN$, not US$. I have ordered three times from Brigade Quartermasters and I paid $39.99 (US) for the olive/red strap and they have the sand ones for $42.99 (US). There is also a code you can put in for free shipping.

So.............is the Canadian deal all that great? Is this new math? ;)
Can't get from the US anymore Voodoo. :)

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Can't get from the US anymore Voodoo. :)
Really? I ordered just as recently as the last couple of weeks. Maybe I should try ordering a couple more. I also bought the sand colored water ones from Brigade....

I think I'll try to order two. I'll keep the forum posted.....

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Several of us tryed last week VoodooBob. The game has changed. They only sell directly to military agencies. Other US sources have also quit selling them.

We snoozed and we loozed. :rofl:

You can get the metal Webco CARB cans still though.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Several of us tryed last week VoodooBob. The game has changed. They only sell directly to military agencies. Other US sources have also quit selling them.

We snoozed and we loozed. :rofl:

You can get the metal Webco CARB cans still though.
Thanks, Woodsman. Like I said, I have ordered multiple times from Brigade QM. I just put in an order for 2. I'll let you know "one way or the other" what they say.

What was the exchange rate when you ordered from Canada? Did the price go down or up? Or is the price listed on the website the US price?

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Really? I ordered just as recently as the last couple of weeks. Maybe I should try ordering a couple more. I also bought the sand colored water ones from Brigade....

I think I'll try to order two. I'll keep the forum posted.....
If you can still buy them from BQM, which I am confident you cannot, you should buy a whole skidload to resell to the forum folk that cannot.

Brigade QuarterMasters has a "For Military purchase and use only" tag on their website, but I don't know what happens when you try to order.

Brigade Quartermasters Ltd.
I tried last week and my order was kicked out. I sent an email asking why since I'm not in a CARB state. The customer service manager stated they are no longer for sale except directly to military agencies. Attempts to get them via other websites in the US revealed the same restrictions.

I also had my brother check through AAFES (Army and Air Force exchange service) and he said they could be ordered by military agencies but not by military personnel.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Thanks, Woodsman. Like I said, I have ordered multiple times from Brigade QM. I just put in an order for 2. I'll let you know "one way or the other" what they say.

What was the exchange rate when you ordered from Canada? Did the price go down or up? Or is the price listed on the website the US price?

THANKS!
The exchange rate is close enough that I didn't factor that into the decision. I just wanted the best jerry can.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
If you can still buy them from BQM, which I am confident you cannot, you should buy a whole skidload to resell to the forum folk that cannot.

I tried last week and my order was kicked out. I sent an email asking why since I'm not in a CARB state. The customer service manager stated they are no longer for sale except directly to military agencies. Attempts to get them via other websites in the US revealed the same restrictions.

I also had my brother check through AAFES (Army and Air Force exchange service) and he said they could be ordered by military agencies but not by military personnel.

Hey, Woodsman, NOT that I don't BELIEVE you....but I thought I would try. Funny you say I should buy a whole skidload...I posted a new thread here on the forum a while ago stating I would act as a "middle man" for anyone wanting these in CARB states. I had only TWO guys take me up on it.

You really think that a bunch of people would want these NOW? Or is it only because they can't get them? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Men are funny beasts...we only want what we can't get....maybe we should be happy with what we have! :thinkerg: :king: :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts