1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
If you are speaking of installing that lightbar on the roof, the simple answer is: Not really. The factory foglight swith you show is not a plug and play item with the FJ electrical system and you will have to do some serious rigging to make her work right.

HOWEVER, You can get the factory "Offroad" light switch, relay, and fuse. These will simply plug right in and work perfectly. The switch goes in the center console vice the driver's side dash (like the foglight switch).

Let me find a link real quick...

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im glad I asked then. I will just stick with the relay and switch provided. I just try to keep everything looking OEM in my truck. Stupid me was thinking a switch is a switch. Until giving it some real thought.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
There are actually three different switches available out there. And to avoid confusion I have listed them below:

The "Fog Light" switch, for low mounted fogs, that you had a link for in the OP

The "Off Road Light" switch, intended for roof top lighting, that I linked in my first reply

And the "Aux Light" switch, used for headlight level driving lights

·
Registered
789 Posts
couldn't of said it better!

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are actually three different switches available out there. And to avoid confusion I have listed them below:

The "Fog Light" switch, for low mounted fogs, that you had a link for in the OP

The "Off Road Light" switch, intended for roof top lighting, that I linked in my first reply

And the "Aux Light" switch, used for headlight level driving lights
Are all FJ's prewired for all three of these?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
No. Just the Off-road and Aux lights. The fog light switch is a bit tricky and will require its own aftermarked harness/relay setup.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I'm not sure which light bar was being referred by FJXTJ "Low Profile Light Bar"

But it is "just a switch" and can be used in place of any aftermarket lights, provided switch, just takes a little thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am installing fog lamps, roof light bar, and offroad lights on top of my winch mount.
Is there a reason this setup wont work?
Get the fog switch listed above for the fog lights.

Second switch powers both the roof light bar and the offroad lights on top of the winch? Just have a bigger fuse added right? I dont see a reason to have these on separate switches as they are both only able to be used off road so why not keep them on the same switch?

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Subscribed via iPhone Autoguide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts