Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 fj with the oem 6 cd fjammer with subwoofer and I am totally happy with it's performance except I need blue tooth and would like xm also.. Are there any of the later model fj's that have a Bluetooth enabled oem radio that would be plug and play on my fj?

·
Registered
441 Posts
This was posted recently,

For xm you can use xma-toy adapter and connect to an aftermarket xm antenna.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 2011 same setup with 6 disc and sub. It has bluetooth and is better than my wife's work 2020 Rav4 bluetooth. Did they change this option from 2010-2011?
There are tons of aftermarket options. Sorry I can't recommend one as I have never used any. Someone more knowledgeable will answer soon. If anyone knows about changes in the radio would like to know that too.
Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the same exact setup you have and wanted both XM/Sirius and BT. I ended up getting a Kenwood DDX375BT(but really any other would work. I got it from Crutchfield along with their install kit. The kit was a wiring adapter. All you have to do it connect the wires from the adapter to the wiring on the radio, then it plugs right into the FJ. You will need to XM module also but it also just plugs right in. You can even opt for the optional steering wheel control adapter if applicable, also plug and play. It works great sounds good and the sub works. I ended up swapping out my front and dash speakers later but it sounded good with the factory ones. The newer radios have a lot of adjustments as far as the sound goes so you can tailor it to your liking. This one has the normal equalizer type stuff, plus it has crossover adj, for the sub. It also has sound processor setting for different size vehicles and speakers. I played with all the setting for a few minutes, until I got it to my liking. I actually tried installing one of the later model FJ factory radios, but could never get it to work right. I had the dealer installed BT and it would always stay powered even when the key was off. It was wired into the factory harness and I couldn't figure out how to get it out. With the Crutchfield harness it worked and didn't power it up.
My radio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts