2001 Toyota Land Cruiser UZJ100 in River Rock Green Mica
Factory specs and features:
- 2UZ-FE V8 engine (230hp and 320ft/lbs)
- Torsion Bar IFS
- 4-Link with Panhard rod semi-floating rear axle
- A-TRAC and VSC equipped
- 6500lbs tow rating
- 315/75r16 Goodyear MTRs on OEM 16" wheels
- ARB air lockers front and rear (ARB high output compressor)
- Nitro 4.88 gears
- OME torsion bars and 860 rear springs
- Radflo 2.5" emulsions shocks
- Hardline Fabrication Services rear upper and lower links
- 80 series extended rear sway bar links
- Bump-It Offroad differential drop bracket
- Custom frame link mount armor
- Custom 1" body lift
- ARB front bumper (03+)
- BIOR rear bumper with tire carrier and can carrier
- BIOR engine skid
- White Knuckle Offroad rock rails
- Rear lower shock armor
- Spressofab V.2 recovery brackets
- Diehard Platinum primary battery and Yellow Top Optima auxiliary battery
- Titan 12K winch with synthetic line
- Rigid Industries 30" LED light bar
- ARB fog lights
- CREE LED reverse lights
- George's LED dome lights
- 5000K DDM HID low beams
- JVC 840 headunit
- Cobra 75 CB
- Doug Thorley ceramic coated headers
- Safari Snorkel
- DT catback (ordered)
- Ellis Precision transfer case knob and optima battery clamp
- Source C02 tank
I would like to give a big thanks to a few companies that have great customer service and have helped me get my 100 to where it is:
Hardline Fabrication Services
Two previous build threads, both sold.
2007 FJ Cruiser:
1997 Land Cruiser (FZJ80)
A lot of folks have asked why i switched from the 80, so here it goes.
I was looking to get new tires, 35" MTRs to be exact. If i was going to go to that size, i'd need to regear to 4.88s, if i was going to regear and have to pull the axles, i need to repack and replace the bearings, WHILE i am doing that, i might as well replaced the rotors and bads, and the rear calipers look like they could use some replacing sometime in the near future, so might as well get to that too. All of this in total, would still have left me with a truck that i wouldn't feel comfortable towing more than ~3K lbs or so with IMO from having towed light loads with it. So, later on, when i finally have enough money saved to get a boat that weighed closed to 5Klbs, i'd have to get a second vehicle just to tow it with.
This towing issue coupled with the price of new 35s, regearing, repacking bearings, new brakes, was going to be a lot of money as well.
On the drive home from Georgia:
295/75/r16 BFG All Terrains installed.
Remove running boards.
Remove sun roof wind visor.
Pressure wash and scrub floor mats, vacuum.
Grease the 6 zerks on the drive train.
Un-plug blown subwoofer (need to get speaker to replace, as it sounded great before it blew )
Get new Rain-X rear wiper, fix "saggy wiper syndrome"
Running boards on.
Running boards off.