Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Okay, so after i removed the interior door panel on the suicide door, i could pop out the dent some. It is now just wavy in that section, which is better to me than two large dimples. I just waxed it and cleaned it very well the other day.

I bought 4 Hella 500's from a forum member for 100. I am kind of debating wiring them up and buying/getting a light bar made or selling them because i don't have a whole lot of need for them. They would be about 90% for looks. And i don't need any more wind resistance as is.

I am kind of a simplistic/better to be prepared kind of guy and i guess that shows by what i buy for the FJ.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Nice rig, nice write-up Layton!:clap: I've got the ARB rails/skid set-up and I think they're the best on the market.:bigthumb: Sliders won't slide if they're snagging up on crossmembers! One of these days I'll get off my lazy butt and do my own build-up thread.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Finding 15psi is too stiff? :) I didn't get to test mine in mud. Did you get a chance?

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Ah, thanks Kim,
Okay, so my Dad and brothers business had a grandopening event at their new location they moved to today. Figured it was a good time to go buy check out the new shop (which is ridiculously bigger than the last), play with my dog, and eat some great jambalya.
While i was there, the Katzkin rep was there as well. I talked to my brother about getting some Black leather seats with memory foam and extra lumbar padding put in. Also, to get the FJ cruiser logo in dark grey on the seats. Oh, and i am i getting this at dealer cost, yay:clap:. I know some of you fringe and say "ugh, leather in a 4x4?" . I find these seats to be quite uncomfortable. It was the only thing i didn't like in the test drive. Maybe it's because i am a skinny guy (6'1" 180).

I have a scanguageII coming from Dirty Parts. (thanks Larry)

On the way home, stopped by Pepboys and picked up a safety hammer. Lot's of rivers, lakes, and streams near here. Don't wanna be stuck inside my vehicle under water with no working power windows and pressure too great to open the door.
Very nice and functional set-up The pooch looks like a great buddy to have for sure.
I am curious if you ever had the leather done, if so can we see some pics??
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Puulboy, I am still in the process of getting the leather. My dad told me that this new kit has just come out for the FJ and he wants me to come look at a sample before i order the black with perforated black center. My dads shop is on the other side of town though so i have just been putting it off and been busy.

FJammin, at 15 psi the LTB's run well. The only spots i have gotten stuck many other rubicons and such were getting stuck with even bigger tires. In the mud, they almost don't even spin, they just walk through everything. I am not that great of a driver though.

Summer time for me is wakeboarding time. So i will be not as active in going out on trail rides. Especially since i learned 3 new flips this past weekend!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Doug Thorley y-pipe (aka the "i can't afford the URD y-pipe" y-pipe) is on order and should arrive Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey Layton,

Very nice rig!

What kind of basket do you have attached to the front of the stock roof rack? At first I thought it was a Wilderness Systems/Garvin rack but kinda looks like a Yakima......

Thanks
PB
I think i sent you a pm back but it was the Coleman roof basket that has since been removed and sold.

Two new updates coming to the FJ that will have pics as soon as they are installed:
Safari Snorkel and Katzkin black leather :clap: oh and two steel jerry cans

·
Registered
932 Posts
Awesome ride!!! Any videos of the supercharger yet???

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Awesome ride!!! Any videos of the supercharger yet???
haha, hmmm, nope. I am not too adept at the whole adding videos to Youtube/Vimeo yet.

But it does haul some serious bootay.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
work on that.... video or it never happened.
Haha, my canon can do video. And i can get it into iTunes, but from there to Vimeo (i would prefer because the videos there are so much better quality than youtube) i have no idea. I mean, i have never attempted to do it. With the crappy quality of the video's on all video hosting sites, the people loading them cannot all be the smartest out there. And if they can do it, i am sure a physicist can figure it out. Just need to sit down and do it.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Haha, my canon can do video. And i can get it into iTunes, but from there to Vimeo (i would prefer because the videos there are so much better quality than youtube) i have no idea. I mean, i have never attempted to do it. With the crappy quality of the video's on all video hosting sites, the people loading them cannot all be the smartest out there. And if they can do it, i am sure a physicist can figure it out. Just need to sit down and do it.
if you can install a supercharger, you can upload a video.

besides, Dom had managed to figure it out....

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
if you can install a supercharger, you can upload a video.

besides, Dom had managed to figure it out....
Haha, hm, that is true, on Vimeo too. I watched them. Well if he can do it, i am guessing i should be able to as well. I may try to go get a video done tonight. See how they come out.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.