Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today when rotating my tires that one of my rear shocks is leaking. I have a rough country 3 inch lift with the spacers up front and coils/shocks in rear. I've had the lift for nearly 30,000 miles with only light off-roading at times. Should I try to see if rough country would send me replacements for free or just go ahead and upgrade with different shocks? Sorry for no pics, I was rushing to get the tires done before dark.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
RC is awesome with customer service I blew a 2.2 and had a new one in three days at no cost to me. Call them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is good to hear. It looks like my other ICON stage one coil over has just blown. Quite an inconvenience as the vehicle is down while you wait for the servicing and it costs $$ to have them rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Same thing happened to both my rear shock, and I got them replaced for free, but they only have a 1 year warranty (from what they told me on the phone). Also, they couldn't find my order using my name, phone number, or shipping address... Luckily I was able to dig through my gmail account and find the confirmation email with my order number.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Call and talk with Ben. Both of mine leaked and he sent me new ones at no charge and I had them in two days. Great company to work with.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I will call and let everyone know what happens. Just out of curiosity, if I have one shock leaking, do you think they would send only one to replace it, or two since suspension parts are supposed to be replaced in pairs?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I will call and let everyone know what happens. Just out of curiosity, if I have one shock leaking, do you think they would send only one to replace it, or two since suspension parts are supposed to be replaced in pairs?
We will only warranty the one that is causing problems. The only thing you should replace in pairs are the componets that dictate ride height which in your case would be coiil springs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've decided to just go ahead and buy 2 new shocks since only the one will be covered. With 30,000 miles on the other shock, to me it makes since. Besides the new one will be nice and shiny and the old one will be dirty and rusty. By the way, love the rough country lift kit. Very easy install and very good ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts