Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Been an FJ'r for 2 short years. I have a question. For the 1st time, last week I noticed a small puddle in drivers side front. Had a bit of rain previous night, but had never noticed it before. Dried it up. Today a week later more rain. Noticed pillar at windshield was showing wetness on fabric. Also water back in floor. Question is is there anything wrong w buying clear silicone adhesive and running a bead across that strip above windshield. It's the strip that normally flus off after a bad windshield replacement. all answers appreciated.2007 FJ

Premium Member
I would suspect roof rack bolts or A-Pillar trim clips before windshield gasket.

Put some paper strips in place to locate specific origin.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suspect roof rack bolts or A-Pillar trim clips before windshield gasket.

Put some paper strips in place to locate specific origin.
It seems like pillar. Rite in line w it anyway. What are you talking about w paper strips and how do you take pillar off?

Premium Member
Place dry paper strip on inside against A-pillar/rack bolts... Flood with garden hose to force leak, inspect paper to highest point of moisture.

Exterior A pillar painted metal trim is plastic clipped to structural A pillar with many, one time use, plastic clips. While many claim they can coax them off without breaking the clip, just have the clips on hand and replace them.

Registered
Have you worked on the roof rack recently?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts