Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows of a good leather seats cover for the 2013 Fj Cruiser Trails TEAMS?? I mean , not at all made with super expensive materials and handmade in Italy .... Something good and cheap under $ 800!!!!!!!!
or , some seats covers very resistant and washable...... Please, FRINEDS tell me what you recommend?

CLAZZIO for example/??
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,303 Posts
Yes to Clazzio, been running mine for 6 years and still looking good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn, those look amazing. Did not even know these were available. Thanks for taking my $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Katzkin Leather seat covers that replace (not go over the existing cloth upholstery like Clazzio seat covers...although those are nice). Pricing in the first post. Good for FJs as well as Tacomas. Lots of different options with thread color, piping color, perforated, different color inserts etc.

If you are handy you can install the entire interior in about 8 hours taking your time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here’s my problem with Katzkin, having installed a set myself.
They don’t fit well.
I would personally rather have a good looking slip cover that is easily removed, than a decent looking full seat cover replacement that I’ll likely never be willing to remove and redo.

But that’s just me.

·
A-Team Moderator
10,786 Posts
Wet Okole Real Tree 4 (X-Tra) in my AG. With year round temps in HI @ 85+ degrees, no thanks on leather with beach sand, snorkel and SCUBA gear, surfboards, wet dog...

Now living in the PNW with rain and snow, -10*, still (y) I might add butt warmers :unsure: The wife keeps hinting at it. :ROFLMAO:

2014-12-03_10-19-39_795.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Katzkin Leather seat covers that replace (not go over the existing cloth upholstery like Clazzio seat covers...although those are nice). Pricing in the first post. Good for FJs as well as Tacomas. Lots of different options with thread color, piping color, perforated, different color inserts etc.

If you are handy you can install the entire interior in about 8 hours taking your time.

Barely any leather in those covers too (at least in the rear ones).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Here’s my problem with Katzkin, having installed a set myself.
They don’t fit well.
I would personally rather have a good looking slip cover that is easily removed, than a decent looking full seat cover replacement that I’ll likely never be willing to remove and redo.

But that’s just me.

I didnt have trouble getting the Katzkins to fit well, but it does take some work and there is some learning/skill associated with getting the hog rings on correctly. Without a doubt some people prefer a slip cover that can be removed. No idea how easily that is done with the Clazzio covers. I personally dont like the sliding over the existing upholstery that you get with covers. My other issue was that my drivers seat bolster had worn a hole in the fabric so I needed to replace anyhow.

I am simply offering an option for the OP since he has 2013 Trail Teams and may wish to closely imitate the existing two tone fabric inserts using leather. Lots and lots of customization options with Katzkin. Dont know about options with Clazzio since I havent used those.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Barely any leather in those covers too (at least in the rear ones).
On the link that I provided, it shows the difference between the premium package and the standard in the second post. Quite a bit of leather on the premium version for both front and rear seats. That thread is 93 pages long and shows a lot of great installs/options for mainly the Tacoma --but many of those same possibilities are available for the FJ including perforated leather, heated seats, cooled seats, etc.

No financial interest in Katzkin or this vendor. Just pointing the OP to an option that a whole lot of people have done over at TW for their Tacomas and I used for my FJ rather than having to figure out how to repair/replace the FJ cloth upholstery on my driver's seat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
@ SilvFx thanks for sharing link to Tacoma forum. Called him and consider those Katskins but more co$t effective the Clazzio route.

@ the Op....Had Clazzio on another car and they were great Covers and not difficult to install. Went the Leather Perf route in triple Black (Black body/Black center perf/Black stitching) as they were in Stock as Custom colors are 10-12 weeks out they stated. Ordered today and will arrive free via FedEx Saturday (quick shipping) and have discount codes always available.

@ 4W2FJC looking good and thx for sharing pics.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
@ SilvFx thanks for sharing link to Tacoma forum. Called him and consider those Katskins but more co$t effective the Clazzio route.

@ the Op....Had Clazzio on another car and they were great Covers and not difficult to install. Went the Leather Perf route in triple Black (Black body/Black center perf/Black stitching) as they were in Stock as Custom colors are 10-12 weeks out they stated. Ordered today and will arrive free via FedEx Saturday (quick shipping) and have discount codes always available.

@ 4W2FJC looking good and thx for sharing pics.
all good. For anyone looking in the future, can you share the cost of what you paid for the Clazzio perf triple black leather seat covers and does that include front and rear seating?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The problem with Clazzios is that you lose the already non-existent side bolsters on the front seats (not a problem for some?).

·
Registered
53 Posts
From what I recall on another car where I had Conventional leather seats installed, they really didn’t offer much side bolster support either unless I was willing to pay for that extra support.

As for loosing support with Clazzios, I’d counter that, so if anything your actually augmenting to the already non-existent side bolster support (minimally at least) as it’s just a seat cover......but yeah already non much support there to begin with.

Now those Wet Okole seem very well padded.

@ SivFx.....As for pricing I initially inquired via my Mil address and followed up with a phone call to them in California. Started out @ $599 and I ended paying $494.10 (out the door to include FedEx shipping) for Leather Triple Black kit (Insert leather perf only and vinyl sides/armrest/headrest/front backseat map pockets). The all vinyl kits were less expensive and adding colors and heat would have been extra and a longer wait. They’ve always got discounts going, so just ask them. Ultimately my past experience with their product has been favorable and felt they added enough value for what I was willing to pay. Plenty of You Tube video’s available and several Tacoma forum members sporting them too.

Great to have options and either of the above (Kazskin, Wet Okole, Clazzio) seem to fit that bill.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Does that price include covers for both front and rear seats ir just fronts?
The quote I got from Clazzio just for the rear seat covers was $399 (8-12 weeks lead time since they do not stock just the rear). I ended up getting the Katzkin for $495. Probably wouldn't have paid that much had I known it was mostly vinyl.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts