Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Jambo with my newly installed LED Light Bar made to fit the OEM Rack and was surprised on how many folks have never seen this set up before. So here I am posting up to share the knowledge! It's one killer light system!

Picked these up from 2whitehummers @ offroadgears.

The boxes arrive! This set up uses one 20" Spot/Flood Combo, and two 10" floods on the sides. (You can have them set up for spot's on the side.)

The light bar bracket that fits the OEM rack.

What one of the 10" lights looks like out of the box

A shot of it on my rig right before the Jambo!

Another shot of it at the Jambo from further away.

Another

Let me know if yall want to see anything else about the set up!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I like it alot! I just picked up some D2 Dually's for the rear of my rack and I'm pretty stoked about that. Can't imagine having a setup like yours on the front as well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be interested to see how you mount the Dually's, I have been kicking around the idea of 360 lighting around the truck. Also if you could get a shot at how bright they are at night too!

(I'm hoping some folks that was videoing our night runs at Jambo will show up here or on youtube to get an idea of how bright my light bar is!)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I was at Jambo with my newly installed LED Light Bar made to fit the OEM Rack and was surprised on how many folks have never seen this set up before. So here I am posting up to share the knowledge! It's one killer light system!

Let me know if yall want to see anything else about the set up!
How did you wire it up? All lights on together or separately?

I picked up a set of Rigid Dually flood pattern lights around Christmas and am impressed with the output and construction compared to a Larson Electronic Magnalight of similar size/output.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you wire it up? All lights on together or separately?

I picked up a set of Rigid Dually flood pattern lights around Christmas and am impressed with the output and construction compared to a Larson Electronic Magnalight of similar size/output.
I ran them through the roof and spliced them together. I thought it would be neat to toggle them separately. The more practical side of me decided that when I need light I'm gonna need all the light. Thus on switch to toggle the light bar.

Build quality is top notch on these as well.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
HOLY S*!T...that is the coolest light setup I have seen! I hate to ask what that set you back???

·
Registered
125 Posts
I might just have to talk to 2whitehummers about the getting the whole setup. My TTSE is supposed to have the factory air dam/lights and I'm looking at the connectors (especially the ODU one) to see how much work it will be to wire it all up.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I ran them through the roof and spliced them together. I thought it would be neat to toggle them separately.
wraven, would you mind showing a few good closeup pics of where the wiring goes? Especially where it enters the roof and how it is sealed against water. My set is on order and I want to make sure I do it right.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't take a ton of pictures during the install sadly but I have a few.

Passenger side front foot on the roof rack. A buddy and myself drilled through the front foot and into the roof. We decided to run all wires into the roof and then splice it to keep the splice away from the elements as much as possible. We sealed up the hole in the roof with epic amounts of silicon and then we sealed the foot with another epic amount of silicon as well. I have had my light bar since mid January and an epic amount of ran..not a single leak!

We then ran the wiring down the passenger side A-Pillar and started the solder work.

Past that we ran the power and ground down to a giant grommet on the passenger side (I have the Dirty Parts dual battery kit and sPOD)

I then ran my power and ground to my sPOD it was as easy as that! I hit the switch already preinstalled in my cabin thanks to sPOD and I had glorious LED lighting that I blinded my buddy with as he looked right into them when I flipped the switch! :rofl:

In case you are not familiar with the sPOD set up - A review I did can be found here - http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/120662-wravens-spod-install-review.html

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Interesting, thanks. I have the DP dual batt kit arriving soon, and had been thinking about the sPOD. If I did get it (I hate running wires so this should make future upgrades easier), what order do you recommend me installing? (1) dirty parts, (2) sPOD, (3) lights?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If You are any thing like me.... In that I have come to terms with a few things.

1. I hate to find places for relays and switches and run wires into the cabin for each accessory I add.
2. You know and accept this won't be your last accessory to add.
3. You want high quality solutions to you modding needs.

Set up your dual battery, sPOD, and any other accessory you might have planned. In that order... Or !!! All at the same time!

Call John at 4x4spod.com and tell him Doug/wraven sent ya and you might get a better deal!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
sweeeet! thanks for the pics too

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would you happen to have the pics? they didn't show up in the post. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts