Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my black LED taillilghts from Larry at Dirty Parts. Super fast delivery. I am not as excited about the back-up lights. Not very impressive in the reflection area. But the OEM lights weren't either. I DO love the look of the black on my Sun Fusion. The lights are brighter and definetely look cool. Installation was a snap and I am even wearing a brace for my broken back. I would attach photo's but they all exceed the limits of this sight. Anyone that can help with this let me know.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the advice Blue Tonka!! Hope you enjoy the photo's. Comparison photo on the bottom. OEM on the left and LED on the right. Just checked them out at night. Bright and definetely add some flare. The bottom picture shows the blinker activated. Blinkers are red not amber. Traded out the PIAA B/U bulbs for good old Sylvania Long Lifes. B/U's have a little more reflectivity now. . Great pictures from my iPhone!!!

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
looks pretty sweet. I just dont like the reflector on the side of the housing.
Unfortunately, it's required by federal regulations to make the light DOT-approved in all 50 states....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Love the tail lights. Were the back up lights a pain in the @$$ to install, and what brand are they?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love the tail lights. Were the back up lights a pain in the @$$ to install, and what brand are they?
Got 'em from Northern Tool & Supply for about $10.00. Halogen. Tapped into the reverse light wire. Easy to do and add alot of backup light.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is what $20 worth of LEDs looks like on the back of an FJ. I found this hitch cover on Amazon.
[/IMG]
Have on. You can get 'em at Wal Mart or any auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Got it from Harbor Freight ($14), 28 (red) LED lights and connected to the OEM hitch 4-wire connector . They are too bright, so I attached the WARN sticker there instead to dim the middle lights.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to do those on my TT. I dont like the stock red lights. How was the install? How much were they from Larry?
Just followed the color instructions provided. 10 mm deep socket. DON'T drop the nuts when you take them off. I was also wearing a back brace (turtle shell) for a fractured vertebrae. Anyone can do it. Larry had a special at $299.00. I had them on my doorstep in two days! Took about 20 minutes at a slow pace to install.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it from Harbor Freight ($14), 28 (red) LED lights and connected to the OEM hitch 4-wire connector . They are too bright, so I attached the WARN sticker there instead to dim the middle lights.

OUTSTANDING back up lights. Do tell!!!!!!!:clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts